Sign in to follow this  

How do i clamp this to the cable?

You do not 'clamp' it. The ferrule (metal part on the cable) should slide into the slotted cable adjuster and bottom out.

I notice the clutch perch/adjuster is not OEM. Is the cable not OEM/identical to the one you replaced? Or is this a new perch assy?

You do not 'clamp' it. The ferrule (metal part on the cable) shpu;ld slide into the slotted cable adjuster and bottom out.

I notice the clutch perch/adjuster is not OEM. Is the cable not OEM/identical to the one you replaced? Or is this a new perch assy?

it's a new perch and clutch assembly along with a new cable. The old one that was on there when I bought the bike was clamped on there so I didn't know if they were supposed to be or not. So I didn't mess with it til I got an answer on here.

On 4/23/2014 at 4:14 PM, William1 said:

You do not 'clamp' it. The ferrule (metal part on the cable) should slide into the slotted cable adjuster and bottom out.

also I haven't put it on the bike yet either

how do you clamp it? you dont. it slides in the fitting and thats it. it will stay tight as soon as you have it all installed

works perfectly thanks