Sign in to follow this  

Dr ruined summer.

I just finished my 1998 dr350 dirt to street conversion with a baja designs kit. Litteraly today was heading to the dmv and it blew up. Sounded like a two stroke and locked up the back wheel going 60 mph. I'm not sure yet what went wrong but I pulled out the spark plug and I see this (look at picture). Guess another dr is dead due to head lubrication failure. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398284672.501368.jpg

rebuild it!!!!!  don't give up on it. take your time and find a parts bike or ebay it up. its fixable

Bummer! Obviously there was something metallic in the combustion chamber. I'm guess you either dropped a valve (failed keeper) or the cam just stopped turning (camchain failure) resulting in a piston - valve collision. I don't mean to be condescending because I know others who have done this and have almost done it myself; but, did you refill it with oil after all your work?

So have you started taking the motor apart yet? Let me know what happened. My guess is you had valve/piston contact and pushed the valves into your spark plug