Strange knob, what is it?

Gary did it look like he had little antennas on his bike as well? I noticed this at the Nationals last year... Like black antennas with red tips.. Strange

Yes, he had those on the lower subrame mount.  I didnt ask as there was no one there, but I am sure they were feelers or something for him.  They looked flexible, and a little crude, not a lot of thought went into them.

I don't thinks so, the location would make adjustments harder. Perhaps the efi unit is different though and this is the adjustment.

This is my guess... some kind of FI adjustment. Pretty interesting considering he uses the stock ECU. You would think it would just be easier to run a Vortex/ PC5 or similar with maps that he could just switch on spot depending on conditions.

Hey guys, when I was at Seattle SX, I got a real close inspection of alessis bike. I looked at all the mods and hardware, but this red knob I wasn't sure about. Any ideas?

Could be just a fuel tap. Did you notice if it was part of a fuel line of part of the lume.

Edited by AddictedToBling

Could be just a fuel tap. Did you notice if it was part of a fuel line of part of the lume.

I did not, I was too busy looking at any mod and just snapped a few pics. Someone mentioned Dungey's bike had one, so I bet it is some kind of fuel shut off valve that is required.