Sign in to follow this  

California Keyesville / Lake Issabella area

Hi fellow TT'ers

I am new to the board, and have been trying to find specific info on the keyesville area as I am going to head up with a friend this weekend.  I grew up near Porterville, so have hunted up near this area but its been awhile and cant remember specifically where to go.

I am looking to see if anybody cant point in the right direction to any good singletrack trailheads?  My friend that is coming is an intermediate rider so nothing to crazy.  I will be heading up the 178 (from socal), and just want to find a spot to spend the day ding some fun trails.  I have researched a few (badger gap, mill creek, just outstanding) but a little fuzzy on how to actually find them.  I could also head up 155 if that's easier.

I would be very thankful for any info on this area.

Thanks

Hi fellow TT'ers

I am new to the board, and have been trying to find specific info on the keyesville area as I am going to head up with a friend this weekend.  I grew up near Porterville, so have hunted up near this area but its been awhile and cant remember specifically where to go.

I am looking to see if anybody cant point in the right direction to any good singletrack trailheads?  My friend that is coming is an intermediate rider so nothing to crazy.  I will be heading up the 178 (from socal), and just want to find a spot to spend the day ding some fun trails.  I have researched a few (badger gap, mill creek, just outstanding) but a little fuzzy on how to actually find them.  I could also head up 155 if that's easier.

I would be very thankful for any info on this area.

Thanks

coming from 178 You can park at the Freeway Ridge Trail head.  From there you will go up a rutted jeep trail.  It eventually changes to Black Gulch trail and there is a branch in the trail that will take you back towards Lake Isabella.  You can run Borderline trial from there or just explore the Jeep trails.  Most of the trails either wind up in Keysville or Rancha Ria road. 

Condor74 thanks for the response, I will try this out.  t least this will be a base for me to explore and get to know the area a little better.