Sign in to follow this  

2008 CRF 450R Clutch Question (Probably Easy One)

Just got my bike back together after this happened-

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1055942-2008-450-shifter-end-play-shift-collar/#entry11176378

After watching a few youtube videos and looking at the micofich. The video mentioned that the First and Last fiber plates are different than the 6 inner ones, but looks like in 2008 they are all the same. The video also mentioned the steel plates are flat on one side and rounded on one side. Manual says nothing about that. And next would be on the fiber plates there are little half round notches on 3 of the tabs that lock into the outer basket any ryme of reason on to where to put those? Manual does not mention them at all.

Thanks for any assistance appreciated. Snow is gone here in Michigan and time to start riding.

Scott

frictions appear all the same these days for this bike. The metals will clearly have a machined side and a side that has rounded edges. I like to put the rounded side facing in as (my theory) is it will slide on the center hub ribs better as the clutch comes together. Honestly? it likely doesn't matter. I like to line the cutouts on the fibers up except for the final plate. i offset that one just to be crazy. Again, i have seen no documentation that those cutouts need lined up or mismatched.

My clutch has inner/outer plates that look different from the rest. More contact patches.

i thought there was a different part for the inner most (against hub surface) and outer (against pressure plate) but i'm on 3 different online parts sites, the part numbers are the same? i know for a fact on a yamaha r6 street bike there are 3 paint colors for fibers. 1 outer, bunch of middle, and a 3rd color paint on the inner. Just not seeing it for the crf450..

Edited by MELK-MAN