Sign in to follow this  

2006 Crf 450r vs 2008 Crf 450r

Hey guys, first I'll start off with some background about my skill level. I am 15 5'10 and 170lbs. I ride a lot around my farm ( literally every day after school unless it's crappy rainy weather or I have baseball.) I love to gun through the hay fields and open trail that makes a huge lap around a corn/ bean field that has trees on either side of it in a few areas. The trail is pretty wide 12 ft in the skinniest area. I have a 2005 yz 125 that I like but my brother is upgrading from his 06 cr85r. He is 13 5'6 - 5'7 and weighs like 165lbs. I just can't think of the fact of having the same size bike as him. I also feel like on this long straight away I am going with the bike screaming. I have been driving since like I was 8 or 9 and have had 2 bikes 05 crf100f and 05 yz125. Both are solid bikes but the main reason I want a 450 is for the piece of mind that since I'm not pro or anything I'm not gonna blow the engine with the stuff I do. Compared to the yz125 I have heard can go through top ends like crazy. I also like the noise of the 450 more than a 125 and I get super annoyed having to mix gas which cost a fortune. If anyone gets what I'm saying and could help me out it would be much appreciated. Only reason it's 2006 vs 2008 is there are a couple good buys in the area. Thanks

The 08 is the deluxe of the second gen crf's with a little better tripple clamps because of a 2 degree angle change, factory steering dampener(after market ones or a lot better and adjustable) and a bit better carb and a few other changes that don't matter much. These things can be easily upgraded and surpassed on the 06 or 07 so really it's whatever bike is the best condition for the best price.

The 08 is the deluxe of the second gen crf's with a little better tripple clamps because of a 2 degree angle change, factory steering dampener(after market ones or a lot better and adjustable) and a bit better carb and a few other changes that don't matter much. These things can be easily upgraded and surpassed on the 06 or 07 so really it's whatever bike is the best condition for the best price.

thanks for the help I think I'm gonna go for the 2006 it's like $2600 and in really nice shape from the pictures
  • Like 1

i have a 06 and a buddy has a 08 both are great bikes and both are stock as far as engines go and the 06 actually seems to have a little bit more grunt (power) but the 08 has a little smoother delivery. i actually have four friends with 2006 models and they all love there bikes.....   so i would just go for the cleaner and better deal out of the two, i dont think you could go wrong with either....