Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 Stroke 85cc?

Hi im interested in buying a 2 stroke 85cc dirtbike. I am 14yrs old,5'0 tall and 110lb.I mostly go trail riding but i love to hit jumps and go fast in the open areas. I cannot decide which 85 to get. i like the brands kawaskaki ,honda ,and yamaha.I will only spend up to $1500.

Thanks, Tyler

Edited by dozer564

Cr 85's are great! I ride my friends 2006 every weekend and it is one if the best bikes, however if you are looking for a good priced one I would look at a stock bike. One that someone owned to teach their sibling or child so it won't be overly expensive. The powerband is really nice and I personally love everything about the bike.

And if it is stock it is less likely to have wear on the engine like racing engines do. Racers push those bikes hard. Stock is the best way to go

People say yz85's are the most powerful 85 but any of them are great bikes just go for condition and price

2006 yz85 seat height is 34" and 2006 kx85 seat height is 33.1" he's 14 so he's still growing so the yz being a little taller may be a good thing seeing as he has a little room to grow. I'm 14 and 2 months ago I was 5'3 and I'm now 5'6 or 5'7 so if I was him I would get the yz if possible

Just buy whatever is cleanest and the best deal. Whatever it is you will be selling it in a year or two to get something bigger.

• Like 1

All engines will have wear on them. Getting a bike that was raced is actually smarter. For onec major reason. Racers race to win. To win the bikes need to be in top condition all the time. Jimmy Jo down the street who plays in the pit will have a bike that's trashed compared to a racers..

• Like 1