Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 Stroke 85cc?

Hi im interested in buying a 2 stroke 85cc dirtbike. I am 14yrs old,5'0 tall and 110lb.I mostly go trail riding but i love to hit jumps and go fast in the open areas. I cannot decide which 85 to get. i like the brands kawaskaki,honda,and yamaha. i will only spend up to $1500.

Thanks, Tyler :ride:

Tyler..  I have owned a Yamaha YZ85 and a Kawasaki KX100.  YZ85 was nearly as fast as the KX100.  KX100 had better bottom end because it has a powervalve.   The YZ does not have a powervalve...but it is a very simple and powerful motor and very easy to change the topend (piston/wrist pin)  The '07 YZ85, I paid $1200 for it used 2 years ago.  The 2009 KX100, I bought it about 3 years ago and paid $1650....so if you are patient and look around you should be able to get an 85 cc for $1500 or less that is in great condition (dont buy one that has been raced).

Go for the best combination of price/condition.  The Honda CR85R was only made through 2007.  You might also include Suzuki RM85 in your search.

These bikes might need some changes to make them trail friendly....such as a Steahly Offroad flywheel weight and changing front (smaller) and rear (larger) sprockets.  Your size is just about right for the 85 (not the big wheel version).