USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

How can I make my ttr 125 much faster for cheap

I have a 03 ttr 125 and it's just not enough I have the carb jetted with a 17.5 pilot and a 115 main or somthing like that I can't remember and I have the air box all the way opens up what else can I do for cheap?

People say I'm gonna die goin fast but the reaper can't catch me that way

You're not going to make it a lot faster for cheap.

You can maintain it and ensure it lasts a long time for cheap, though, like servicing the air filter and changing the oil and lubricating the rear suspension often.

I want a two stroke but nobody will trade and I can't just buy haha

People say I'm gonna die goin fast but the reaper can't catch me that way

You could prolly modify it to run alcohol for not too much money.  Jetting it will be a bitch, but it will sure have some giddy-up

• Like 1

There is nothing you can do to that bike even with an unlimited budget. If you spent $3000 dollars on the bike with bigger carbs, porting, higher compression, you might move the power from 7.97 hp on the dyno to 9.5, and you couldn't really even feel that.

These are great training bikes, and when you a done with it, the next step is a TTR 230 at 17 hp, or a CRF 150 at 11 hp, which is barely faster due to the increased weight.

Edited by Leardriver

There is nothing you can do to that bike even with an unlimited budget. If you spent $3000 dollars on the bike with bigger carbs, porting, higher compression, you might move the power from 7.97 hp on the dyno to 9.5, and you couldn't really even feel that.

These are great training bikes, and when you a done with it, the next step is a TTR 230 at 17 hp, or a CRF 150 at 11 hp, which is barely faster due to the increased weight.

I beg to differ..it does not take much to make these bike feel better...

A bigger carb, and a lightened flywheel, plus putting some washers in the rear baffle make the bike feel completely different. I agree though that throwing money at it is not wise. A KX100 would be a better platform.

I beg to differ..it does not take much to make these bike feel better...

A bigger carb, and a lightened flywheel, plus putting some washers in the rear baffle make the bike feel completely different. I agree though that throwing money at it is not wise. A KX100 would be a better platform.

but if I didn't throw a buttload of money at it, it wouldn't look like this

BBR150.jpg

However, if I don't throw a buttload more money at it, it won't run again :mad:

• Like 2

I have a friend who has a TTR125 with $$$ in the motor.  It hit 12+ on the dyno.  It is still 125cc but runs on $25 a gallon race fuel:)

I have no idea how much HP it puts out, but when it's running....it's competition for my arena cross CRF250R.  Smaller wheels really makes it fast, and with a Barton built 172 + takegawa cam = 185lbs of rip roarin fun.  The problem is that EVERYBODY wants to ride it....sometimes I'd hardly get to ride it before the tank was empty.  Then there is the kickstart issue. Should have built a decompression capability.