Sign in to follow this  

Upgrading from 250F to 450F

Alright so I'm thinking about moving up to a 450. I have been riding for a while now. I currently ride a 2009 KX250F, its got a pro circuit pipe and hot cams, everyone that's ridden it reckons its the fastest 250f they've ridden. It does have a enough power for me when I'm in the bush but when i get onto wide open roads it runs out of power pretty quick and i would like to have more. I'm just not sure if i went to a 450 that it would be too much power in the bush? I've never ridden a 450. Im 20, weigh 70KG and about 6'3 tall.

Any input would be good. Thanks

(probably looking at yzf or kxf)

The weight might be a issue, not the power. Also, might be better off with the off road rather than the moto version, but again, more weight.

Mike

Contrary to what the previous poster said, the low end torque that the newer 450f's have the power can be very difficult to adjust to. I feel at home on a 250f, whereas a 450f is very harsh to ride and difficult to control for some. Test ride one and make up your mind then.

Keep in mind that although 450s are a lot snappier on the bottom a FWW makes them mellow. Top end, they feel about the same. I'd say go for it.

Slightly more power than a 250f lighter than a 450f and save a few thousand bucks , win win win  :lol:

images (2).jpg

Edited by Beau 88
  • Like 1