Sign in to follow this  

Craigslist

Was looking on craigslist for a 2 stroke 125 to move my stepson up from his ttr230. It's funny how the say adult ridden and garage kept. I thought everyone kept there dirt bikes n the garage.

I've seen people leave their bikes out in the snow or rain, it hurts me haha.

• Like 1

Also just had a rebuild! AND it's the fastest, sickest bike out there,especially for a 1999 YZ125!

I would never buy a bike kept outside, unless it was in the middle of the Mojave Desert under a tarp.

Yeah, some of these people are really colorful when they describe their bikes.  Like it's "crazy fast" or the "ultimate riding machine".  I just laugh, specially after I look at the pictures, but only take it seriously if the bike is under $300 :lol::devil:

• Like 1

Sorry guys I have no idea why my post of ( rocky terrain) came up in this post I must of made a accident. Thanks for the answer and not yelling at me. Lol

Edited by Mtrain730

The bike will live through it just fine. It will be easier on the bike if you stay on the pegs more, works the suspension less.

Craigslist is almost useless. Everyone thinks their old shot out unkempt bike is gold. Of course there all "adult rode" and "never raced" and "professionally serviced" and so on. I'd recommend looking on pro ride or here to find a used bike. It's less of a gamble but a used bike always is.

If your having issues with the rocks , just turn your Compression clickers on the forks and Low Speed Compression clicker on your shock OUT about 6 clicks  (dont touch the Rebound),  , do them the same  , if you go 6 on the forks , then go 6 on the shock , it will soften the ride so you enjoy it more so it wont beat the crap out of you , then turn them back where they were for the track  , trail riding is less abuse then that bike will get on the track  , so no worries , just do your normal maintenance nut/bolt checking and you will be fine

Edited by 450XJimDirt
  • Like 1

Yeah, some of these people are really colorful when they describe their bikes.  Like it's "crazy fast" or the "ultimate riding machine".  I just laugh, specially after I look at the pictures, but only take it seriously if the bike is under $300 :lol::devil:

HaHa Adult ridden garage kept needs some minor carb work and a rider  :lol:

00909_9JX8DP0Esej_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

HaHa Adult ridden garage kept needs some minor carb work and a rider :lol:

Wow how much 1500?
  • Like 1

I never take into account when sellers say "routine maintenance" or "new top end 5 hours ago" unless they have receipts. I keep every receipt for both of my dirt bikes, even oil purchase receipts. I have a folder dedicated to each.

Wow how much 1500?

1200.00 for you my friend if you pick it up. I'll knock off another 100 if you can fix the carb and sometimes you have to push start it to get it going . :lol:

Craiglist - expect the worst and hope for a little better. And those pictures make even turds shine.

• Like 1

Craigslist is almost useless. Everyone thinks their old shot out unkempt bike is gold. Of course there all "adult rode" and "never raced" and "professionally serviced" and so on. I'd recommend looking on pro ride or here to find a used bike. It's less of a gamble but a used bike always is.

Almost, but once in a while you get lucky. When I was getting back into riding last year, I picked up a sweet 2006 250XC for $1650, four miles from my house. I got lucky, because I didn't really know what to look for at the time. I took it to my friend at the shop after I bought it, and he remarked on what good shape it was in. When I told him what I paid for it, he about died. I also became friends and riding buddies with the guy I bought it from

• Like 2

Funny, I like the ones that say their 92 KX 250 beats 450's all day long. Or the guy that swears his 125 is as fast as a 250 2 stroke.

• Like 1

Funny, I like the ones that say their 92 KX 250 beats 450's all day long. Or the guy that swears his 125 is as fast as a 250 2 stroke.

It's funny there's a 94 kx 125 on Craigslist for 2200. Who would pay that much for a 94

Kx 125 with powerband $3000 OBO - $3000.

This is what I just found on craigslist

Dude,

I don't know about you but those powerbands aren't cheap. I had mine overnighted from the TT store. I heard they cause more wear on the clutch cover. Anybody got any pics?

• Like 1