Sign in to follow this  

Husky.

Really have been looking for a 2 stroke 125 to move my step son up. But there getting harder to find. And outrages in price. Like n the 2's for 90's models and early 2000. So was looking at 250f. Lot of those r going for n the 3's. Plus u don't no how the top end. So maybe another 1000. Any way call a buddy who has a Yamaha dealer to see if got any trades n. And he has a brand new husky tc 250f for 4500 out the door. Does anyone have one and how r they

Depends what you want to use it for. For competitive MX they say the motor is a little slow. Other than that excellent brakes handling looks ergos, etc. I bought a 2014 Husky WR300 in December. Been great!

Read more at Café Husky website.

The motor isnt a little slow, it makes the most torque, most low end more hp than the 2013 yz250f and is right there with the rmz and crf. The kx and ktm smoke it top end but they smoke all the others. Its a really solid bike. Awesome brakes, awesome components, easy to work on,

Exhaust, race fuel, tuner, and itll run right with the ktms 40+hp

Huskys power delivery is just always wider, broader and more deliberate. Almost like a heavier flywheel weight. They dont bark and rip the tire loose rather they let you get hooked up and drive out of the corner.Thats why mags always bitch there slower. Its just a matter of feel.

Edited by yz133rider

He wants it for mx track

What yz133rider said reflects reality whereas MXA praises wheelspin. I think their latest models 13/14 fixed the starting issues found earlier. Hard to go wrong on this bike for that price. As you said clean used 125s do not exist typically.

Its honestly annoying reading mags crying about power or something small and then they show you the lap times and the dyno and its obvious the bike is competitive and beating the others in the same categories they make it sound hopeless in.

Thats life though and its begind us now that huskys are just ktms now. Rip husky. They made well engineered, bikes that were designed to be durable, and easy to work on. They put thought into how things go together and how they come apart. None of this having to take the entire bike apart to change a spark plug like on some models. The seats come off with no tools and its so easy and obvious why dont other manufacturers do things like that.

Im obviously a fan but i am based in reality, i own and work on all the brands over the years not blind to any one brand or anything.

I have noticed my husky is easier to work on than say a aluminum perimeter framed model. Both the intake boot and air box boot are pliable enough that I don't hafta remove sub frame to re jet. Spark plug access is good. Tank and shrouds come off in one piece held by three bolts. Linkage bearings have zerk grease fittings installed to preserve their lifespan. Exhaust bridge has a coolant hose leading right to it - this is hottest region of a two cycle piston. Etc

Went and bought the husky today. I'm going to have to get a lowering link for it. It's tall. I couldn't beat the price. A 2014 250 4 stroke it was 4599 out the door

• Like 1

I rode a 2010 tc250. Hard to start at times when very hot. Other than that complaint, it was an awesome ride. I did everything on that bike. Put tons of hours on it. I wouldn't worry about the valves. Just keep an eye on them and that's it. You have the red head which is better than the original model "black head".

Took my stepson out on the husky today. First time. It started easy for me but not for him. He's never kicked a bike before he has a ttr 230. Electric start. But it's tall. Need to find a lowering link. Motosport. Rm. and bike bandit don't have much for huskys. Either does Dennis Kirk. Any ideas

Kouba offers a lowering link. http://www.koubalink.com/Husky%20HL8.html

They don't make nearly as many farkles for these bikes as the jap bikes/ktms. But thats fine IMO, they don't need them. Motosportz, 7602 racing, and Enduro Engineering offer stuff for the Huskies. 

Edited by gots_a_sol

Took my stepson out on the husky today. First time. It started easy for me but not for him. He's never kicked a bike before he has a ttr 230. Electric start. But it's tall. Need to find a lowering link. Motosport. Rm. and bike bandit don't have much for huskys. Either does Dennis Kirk. Any ideas

Here's some more items available for the bike.

http://www.husqvarnaworld.com/Husqvarna%20X-Lite%20TE,%20TC,%20TXC,%20250,%20310.htm

Hall's Cycles is your source for OEM parts. They have many in stock so they don't hafta order from factory.

• Like 1

tc250 is  agreat bike!  some of my friends hat several of them; bur more te250/310 ; same motor, with e-start;

no Probs with valves; no probs with piston; when riding hard, change both after 50 hrs; my TE310 `11 had nothing changed till 100hrs; a friend had a tc250 with 250 hrs with only changed valves and piston once;

so, as  "High Society " told already: its a good bike ; congrats

tc250 is agreat bike! some of my friends hat several of them; bur more te250/310 ; same motor, with e-start;

no Probs with valves; no probs with piston; when riding hard, change both after 50 hrs; my TE310 `11 had nothing changed till 100hrs; a friend had a tc250 with 250 hrs with only changed valves and piston once;

so, as "High Society " told already: its a good bike ; congrats

Thanks. Can't wait for the lowering link to get here so me stepson can control it easier. Ordered fork bleeders to

all the dyno-ing and hp testing, really means nothing, that iclude that feel of a solid "hit"....laptimes are what counts, you can have a 1000hp 250 but if your 35hp 250 turns better lap times you win....husky blackheads and redheads both make friendly easy to ride fast power for the 99%ers of the real world of riding and racing. go have fun with the bike its a good choice, last of the red huskys