Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250f won't start

The bike is drivin me nuts. won't start. New stator because I wasn't getting spark, now I'm getting spark.

Cleaned carb, checked timing and valve clearance all good there.

Pulled apart head and re seated valves. Getting gas, spark, and air filter is fresh. Fresh oil and coolant. What am I missing? I've checked everything I may possibly have a weak spark but that dosnt seem likely.

Edited by Bryce4408

EFI pump on bottom of tank????? Not sure how to check it thou

EFI pump on bottom of tank????? Not sure how to check it thou

2007 is a carburettor model not EFI.

If the spark is weak it wont start, check compression with a compression gauge, double check the valve clearances and timing.

Have you tried to push start the bike ?  

Tried to push start no luck. Not sure if the spark is weak or I just think it is. I've changed plug, cdi box, wiring harness, Coil stick. It won't even try to start every once and a while I get a backfire. Which makes it seem that timing is off. But it's spot on

Maybe take some pics of timing marks on the cams and through the inspection hole to the flywheel, and post them here so we can check if the timing is correct. 

It has hotrodz piston and crank it was installed when I got the bike. It ran fine previously. Not sure if I need to adjust timing with this setup. Anybody know I would assume I don't because tdc is tdc valves aren't hitting piston or anything. Will try to get some pics after work

Not so far. Plenty of compression I have a feeling it's something electrical. I have a spare wiring harness, cdi, coil pack, and plugs tried all those and same thing with no luck. You think that if my valve clearance was off by a small amount or timing off by a little bit which I'm sure they are not. But still you think it would fire and run like garbage. But nothing but backfire after a few kicks.

You check the kill switch and neutral switch? Seems like you covered everything else.

Edited by Taco13

Disconnected both and tested Salome thing both times. If I spray starting fluid into the intake with the carb off basically directly into the engine and kick it over it should theoretically turn over and burn that small amount of fuel but it does nothing. I'm thinking the new startor is garbage.