Sign in to follow this  

Looking for combination speedo/tach for 650r

First post, thanks for having me! I bought a mint condition, all original 05 xr650r yesterday for $2600, will put up pics asap. I am going to make it street legal, which recently got easier in phoenix when they dropped the emissions testing requirement. Today I went by a local Honda dealer and found most of what I need: Banjo-bolt brake light switch, horn, horn button, mirror, combo taillight/plate holder, and a Dunlop 606 front tire. I was told I don't need a better headlight, battery, or turn signals. Can anyone confirm that?

I spent several hours last night searching around on places like xr's only, moose, Baja designs, etc, looking for stuff to make it street legal. Early on in the surfing I came across a cool analog speedo/tach combination, but now I can't find it again. Anyone know what that was?

Trailtech Vapor?  :)

Not analog, but it's usually the first choise, it also has a temp sensor, so you can prevent the overheating is you're going to stay in the traffic jam on the XR that was ment for the open stuff

Can't say anything about street legal kit, but stock XR also doesn't have a Hi/Lo switch or anything

A separate analog tach isn't difficult to find. The tach on a Vapor is mostly useless except for tuning and diagnostics, it's not something you want to look at while trying to ride; a shift light would be more useful while riding.

I Have a Vapor on my xrr. It works well, I like the temperature readout. The tach is a little jumpy it reads probably about ±150rpm or so. The Vaper does also have programmable shift and overheat lights they are kinda small though. 

After several days of searching, I have not seen it again. I'm going to get a TT Vapor and be done with it. In other news, check out this museum piece!

IMG_0076.JPG

Edited by scott-m