Sign in to follow this  

08 kx250f popping

Been trying to adjust my fuel screw to stop the popping on decel when I have the boots loose from the carb and the screw three turns out it runs fine, when I turn the carb back to the correct position and tighten the boots it has mad popping and when pulling the hot start in out shuts off any ideas

I kinda had this same problem.  One thing i did was buy a JD Jet kit.  80 bucks (seems like a lot) But its well worth it.  Lost all decel popping and back firing.

another thing i did was check the valves.  If you know how to do it, it can most likely save a lot of guessing.  I did it and it turned out all my valves were tight.

Make sure there are no leaks on the exhaust anywhere, that'll cause popping too.

Make sure that your air filter is clean and allows proper air flow

Clean the carb. (first thing i would do)

And last, buy and after market fuel screw!!!

Regarding what you are doing with the boots, popping is usually a lean condition. But it your case it seems to be a rich condition.  When you loosen the boots, it allows more air to get it.  Once you tighten then, less air is getting in and there is to much fuel.  Try going about 2 turns out and see what happens.  If that doesnt help, try the things listen above.