Sign in to follow this  

Decent Deal?

Recently acquired a 2007 DR-Z400S from eBay for $4200 + $300shipping. It was more than I was looking to pay but it has les than 1K miles. So, I took a gamble. It was listed as converted to SM and including original parts. The bike is flawless. It was a little dusty, but not a scratch on it. I fired right up and runs great. When it arrived the original parts filled a crate! I was pretty happy because I'm planning to use it for some ADV riding around AR, CO, TX, UT, etc. (probably trailered to CO&UT), but I also wanted something I could run around town with. I put the retail prices next the new parts included to make myself feel better about the deal ;-) I probably would rather not know what I could have picked them up for in the classified section...

17" Wheels-Warp 9-$900.00
17" Tires-Bridgestone-Battlax BT-003-$250.00
21/18" Wheels-OEM-$500.00
21/18" Tires-Bridgestone-Trailwing-$100.00
Muffler FMF-PowerCore-$279.98
Spedo/Tach-Vapor-75-100 (Silver)-$49.95
Spedo/Tach-Oem-$15.00
Chain-Oem /Extra-$50.00
Fender-UFO-DRZ SM-$30.00
Fender-Oem-$15.00
Seat-Corbin-S-DRZ-400-S-$379.00
Seat-Oem-$50.00
Handguards-Acerbis-$30.00

Estimated Total  $2,648.93

Edited by BrianRivers

Recently acquired a 2007 DR-Z400S from eBay for $4200 + $300shipping. It was more than I was looking to pay but it has les than 1K miles. So, I took a gamble. It was listed as converted to SM and including original parts. The bike is flawless. It was a little dusty, but not a scratch on it. I fired right up and runs great. When it arrived the original parts filled a crate! I was pretty happy because I'm planning to use it for some ADV riding around AR, CO, TX, UT, etc. (probably trailered to CO&UT), but I also wanted something I could run around town with. I put the retail prices next the new parts included to make myself feel better about the deal ;-) I probably would rather not know what I could have picked them up for in the classified section...

17" Wheels-Warp 9-$900.00

17" Tires-Bridgestone-Battlax BT-003-$250.00

21/18" Wheels-OEM-$500.00

21/18" Tires-Bridgestone-Trailwing-$100.00

Muffler FMF-PowerCore-$279.98

Spedo/Tach-Vapor-75-100 (Silver)-$49.95

Spedo/Tach-Oem-$15.00

Chain-Oem /Extra-$50.00

Fender-UFO-DRZ SM-$30.00

Fender-Oem-$15.00

Seat-Corbin-S-DRZ-400-S-$379.00

Seat-Oem-$50.00

Handguards-Acerbis-$30.00

Estimated Total  $2,648.93

IMO you paid too much. That's not the point though. The point is that your happy with what you got and its what you wanted. At this point it doesn't matter what you paid because there is no going back. Sometimes based on availability you have to be willing to pay more for things you want. Don't worry about it just get out and enjoy it :thumbsup:

• Like 2

A mint condition bike under 1000 miles with loads of goodies for $4.5K including shipping. In Australia (which you obviously aren't) that would be such a good deal that you would likely get a Order of Australia medal next Australia Day.

• Like 1

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.  I bought my 07S with 7300k miles for $3200 a little over a year ago.  It was stock except the tires which only had a couple hundred miles of tread left.  An ugly acerbis cyclops headlight and one of the sides plastics were scratched up from the previous owner going down.  It also had some acerbis handguards but one side broke the first time I went down in soft sand.  I also had to drive 2 hours to pick it up.  

Great deal IMO considering what you got with it,  especially getting both supermoto and dirt set up,  thats a score ,  lets see some pics.

• Like 1

Here in the mid west where used DRZ's are hard to come by that is a smoking deal.

I am sure out in Cali where they are a dime a dozen there are better deals.

I spent a year trying to find a clean well maintained DRZ for a good price in my state with no luck so I ended up buying new.

Here in the mid west where used DRZ's are hard to come by that is a smoking deal.

I spent a year trying to find a clean well maintained DRZ for a good price in my state with no luck so I ended up buying new.

Idk where you aren't looking but in the Midwest drzs are fairly prevalent

Here in the mid west where used DRZ's are hard to come by that is a smoking deal.

What was the OTD new price in the mid west? I think I paid 7k when its all said and done with the loan

What is the OTD price in the Midwest? I think I paid 7k by the time I pay off the loan.

Back to the original topic up here Used 2012's with 1-2k miles go for $4600 (Craigslist adds from steeler). Regardless of mods on a bike 2009 models with low miles usually go for around $3000 private party and up to 3900 from the steelership. Mods pretty much never add value to a vehicle. Usually they make the item harder to sell because its an indication that the PO could of road it hard. Any bike that comes with an aftermarket Speedo probably doesn't have the miles you think it has on it. My OEM Speedo crapped out at 1360 miles I replaced it with a trail tech and called trail tech and programmed my current mileage plus the estimated 20 miles I rode with the broken OEM into the new unit. My buddy just slapped his on and called it a day.

• Like 1

What is the OTD price in the Midwest? I think I paid 7k by the time I pay off the loan.

Back to the original topic up here Used 2012's with 1-2k miles go for $4600 (Craigslist adds from steeler). Regardless of mods on a bike 2009 models with low miles usually go for around $3000 private party and up to 3900 from the steelership. Mods pretty much never add value to a vehicle. Usually they make the item harder to sell because its an indication that the PO could of road it hard. Any bike that comes with an aftermarket Speedo probably doesn't have the miles you think it has on it. My OEM Speedo crapped out at 1360 miles I replaced it with a trail tech and called trail tech and programmed my current mileage plus the estimated 20 miles I rode with the broken OEM into the new unit. My buddy just slapped his on and called it a day.

otd on a new s can be had for 6300 (which is what mine cost and could have gotten it cheaper had I waited till winter) an sm just tach on 500, atleast that's the lowest my dealer would quote me in March of this year (6800)

not mine but thought it might make someone a decent bike.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4396477318.html

2013 SUZUKI DRZ400sm for sale it's only got 1700 miles upgrades:
39mm FLAT SLIDE RACING CARB $600
Hot cams stage 2 cams $400
BMC race air filter w/air box mod $70
YOSHIMURA carbon fiber full exhaust $600
YOSHIMURA fender eliminator $120
Blue Renthal fat bars $80
Acerbis super moto hand guards $150
New Michelin pilot power 3 $180

I want a 1000cc sport bike so I need it gone ASAP! Call or text me show contact info

Edited by turn8a

not mine but thought it might make someone a decent bike.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/4396477318.html

2013 SUZUKI DRZ400sm for sale it's only got 1700 miles upgrades:

39mm FLAT SLIDE RACING CARB $600

Hot cams stage 2 cams $400

BMC race air filter w/air box mod $70

YOSHIMURA carbon fiber full exhaust $600

YOSHIMURA fender eliminator $120

Blue Renthal fat bars $80

Acerbis super moto hand guards $150

New Michelin pilot power 3 $180

I want a 1000cc sport bike so I need it gone ASAP! Call or text me show contact info

I really want an S model, but I've given serious consideration to that bike. With the mods already installed I could pick up some S wheels and tires and come out ahead financially.

As for the OP, I'd say that's a great deal outside of CA, < 1000 miles and you have both an SM and S model. It seems that CA has an abundance of DRZs but just about anywhere else they are rare and if you do find them, they're pushing 15k miles or more and show it. The East coast is especially barren for DRZ, except for FL it seems, maybe I just have bad luck.

• Like 1

I really want an S model, but I've given serious consideration to that bike. With the mods already installed I could pick up some S wheels and tires and come out ahead financially.

As for the OP, I'd say that's a great deal outside of CA, < 1000 miles and you have both an SM and S model. It seems that CA has an abundance of DRZs but just about anywhere else they are rare and if you do find them, they're pushing 15k miles or more and show it. The East coast is especially barren for DRZ, except for FL it seems, maybe I just have bad luck.

They have mint ones with under 4k ask the time around the Midwest, just have to check the bigger cities craigslist and bike finds

otd on a new s can be had for 6300 (which is what mine cost and could have gotten it cheaper had I waited till winter) an sm just tach on 500, atleast that's the lowest my dealer would quote me in March of this year (6800)

Yup that's around what I paid. My 7k includes the interest on the loan

• Like 1

Idk where you aren't looking but in the Midwest drzs are fairly prevalent

Minnesota

Had I been a member of the forum before I bought the DRZ I could have hit you up and others to find me a good DRZ at a good price.

Edited by rraiderr

I got the 0 interest loan, I was well under 7K including tax and title.

Gotcha that's the north though! I was talking about real Midwest like Illinois

Yea is sucks being so far north. Winters are brutal.

I am going to get ice setup for the DRZ so I can take advantage of our crap winter weather.

• Like 1