Sign in to follow this  

Best header for hare scrambles on 07 crf250r

Doesn't do sh!t. Get a slip on or full exhaust. Don't be afraid to ditch the duals if you've still got em.

Or a cam, high comp piston, etc. All around the same price.

Edited by sjvmtb

Doesn't do sh!t. Get a slip on or full exhaust. Don't be afraid to ditch the duals if you've still got em.

Or a cam, high comp piston, etc. All around the same price.

I've always been led to believe the header did more than the silencer??

Hmm maybe, it wasn't like that on my bike though ('09 250r). I had the powerbomb and stock duals and didn't notice much difference at all. Then I went to the stock header with an fmf slip on and noticed a big difference. Maybe my results aren't typical.

Edited by sjvmtb

Just got a used full fmf exhaust with a powerbomb, not sure what the slip on is , the stickers are worn. I got it off eBay for $130 shipped. I have some exhaust off a crf 230 or something like that on my bike that's been gutted. I am anxious to see any difference or at least improve the looks and quiet it down some, more power especially low end would be nice.

If your bike is bone stock and you'll be scramblin' it I would leave the stock header pipe on it. It's good enough for a stock motor and cheap enough to replace when you tweak it. Save your money...

• Like 1