Sign in to follow this  

Which utv to buy for only trail use

Hello, after breaking an arm, some ribs, and puncturing a lung while riding, I am done with dirt biking. I still want to go trail riding however, in a side by side or something like that. I will only be driving on trails with my dad, and would like the utv to go pretty fast. Our budget is around $7000, depending on what we get for our bikes. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

A 400ex or an LTZ400 for sport bikes. The newer LTZ's are fuel injected and run piggyback shocks, they are all liquid cooled and have a bit more power then the 400ex. Both are much more reliable and easier to maintain then a 450. 

As far as 4x4's, Can-Am is miles ahead of everything but so are their prices. A nice Can-Am 800 renegade will have sport bike pep though with true lockers front and rear and run great. They are very well engineered and reliable as well but the cost reflects that. $7000 should find you an 800 renegade and in a straight line, they will eat a 400ex but they're 4x4. 

I looked around and a rzr seems like the way to go. Which one should we get, the 570 seems like the perfect one. Also, what do I need to look for when buying a rzr. Any big problems?

Okay, we're getting a new trailer so the fitting it in a 5x8 isn't necessary at all. I've seen some nice rzrs on craigslist but they have salvage titles. What does that mean? Is it ok to buy one with that kind of title?