Sign in to follow this  

47 tooth TTR230 rear sprocket

I went up one tooth in the front, but wanted a bit higher gearing without having to toss the case saver thingie, so went looking for a smaller rear.

The only one I found was from Sunstar, but they offered several choices from 45 to 49, 49 being stock.  I went with 47, and like it so far.

so that's 14/47?   We have a 15t front but going to take a little clearancing. 14/47 be about identical to 15/49

How much was that rear?  Maybe I'll not grind on the case. 

You can use YZ rear sprockets but you have to switch to the tapered sprocket bolts.  Much better selection and easier to find.

Fleabay has them in ALL t sizes. Same sprockets as most Honda XR's use, so tons of variety. Saw from 51t to 38t.  I ordered a 45t. Gonna try that with the 14 front to get some more top end as the bike is dual sported and plated. 

$23 shipped too! 

Edited by MindBlower

Fleabay has them in ALL t sizes. Same sprockets as most Honda XR's use, so tons of variety. Saw from 51t to 38t.  I ordered a 45t. Gonna try that with the 14 front to get some more top end as the bike is dual sported and plated. 

$23 shipped too! 

Good info.....mine is plated too, not sure how much more it would pull than 14/47....let us know how it does

Good info.....mine is plated too, not sure how much more it would pull than 14/47....let us know how it does

My mistake, 46t not 45t. Wanted to replicate the 15/49 so went 14/46 to match it.