Sign in to follow this  

Where to mount my gopro

Hey guys. So I just bought my troy lee designs se3 helmet and I'm having trouble finding a spot to mount it. The air vent on top is kind of the center point of the helmet and I can't mount it there. And I really don't want to do a side mount I hate that angle. Anyone who has this helmet let me know!! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398363465.666030.jpg

I ride with the chesty in the woods and tight trails, because my head is always swiveling around really fast and the videos will make you dizzy... but in the open I just slapped a sticky mount on top, and used the "swoop up" bracket. I'm sure you could mount it back a ways and just get the tall swoop up bracket and tilt the camera level... or maybe loosen the nuts and lower your visor a bit? maybe find room up foward

Edited by Popps

Mount it under your visor hanging upside down. Best footage ever and the camera never gets snagged.

Hmm... would work great, but that's where I keep my tool kit!

Uploaded these from my phone. Just took them twenty seconds ago. If they aren't perfect my bad. I mounted my GoPro like this. I had it on the top of my helmet for the longest time. Then decided to make a custom mount and this is what I got. It wouldn't go on the visor due to the visor having ridges on it. This view is almost like the chest mount but less movement and better picture I think. I won't be changing it anytime soon. Took about an hour to make.

Here is a video of the said mount in action. Don't judge the riding haha. Just messing around with Pops. :ride:  I really like this angle compared to the top mount. It doesn't get stuck on branches, risk of it breaking in a fall are minimum, and no visor or half of your helmet in the way.  :thumbsup:

1398489571955.jpg

1398489587338.jpg

1398489732614.jpg

Edited by YZ2Smoker98
  • Like 2

Uploaded these from my phone. Just took them twenty seconds ago. If they aren't perfect my bad. I mounted my GoPro like this. I had it on the top of my helmet for the longest time. Then decided to make a custom mount and this is what I got. It wouldn't go on the visor due to the visor having ridges on it. This view is almost like the chest mount but less movement and better picture I think. I won't be changing it anytime soon. Took about an hour to make.

Here is a video of the said mount in action. Don't judge the riding haha. Just messing around with Pops. :ride: I really like this angle compared to the top mount. It doesn't get stuck on branches, risk of it breaking in a fall are minimum, and no visor or half of your helmet in the way. :thumbsup:

I watch a guy on YouTube that uses this mount location! Best footage imo

• Like 1

Yea I ended up just mounting it right in front of the air vent. I'm going riding next weekend so I'll see. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398639365.233890.jpg