Sign in to follow this  

Rev counter.

Hi all. Has anyone ever fitted a rev counter to a drz400s of any kind. Am curious to whether possible. I know a vapor has one in but like standard clocks so was wondering

Hi all. Has anyone ever fitted a rev counter to a drz400s of any kind. Am curious to whether possible. I know a vapor has one in but like standard clocks so was wondering

Do you mean a digital tachometer? My 400s has a little digital rev indicator. I did not install it however. It was done by a PO.

A TTO Tach. About. $30. From various sources. Also has an hour meter. It will record highest RPM reached per cycle , and display it for a few seconds after the motor is shut down . It is powered by a non replaceable battery , it is also not backlit for nighttime use . There is only one wire to hook up . It wraps around the plug wire at the plug end . It comes with two sided tape to put it where ever you want . Works well .

I got a cheapo tach from ebay that I mounted to one of the clutch perch bolts on a piece of decking metal that I cut to shape. It has a built in battery and you just run the wire from it down and wrap it around the spark plug wire a few times and secure it.  There's about a second delay between the actual RPM and reading you see, but it works for setting the idle and to see where your revs are on the highway and such.  I think I paid like $10-15 for it about a year ago.

I got a cheapo tach from ebay that I mounted to one of the clutch perch bolts on a piece of decking metal that I cut to shape. It has a built in battery and you just run the wire from it down and wrap it around the spark plug wire a few times and secure it. There's about a second delay between the actual RPM and reading you see, but it works for setting the idle and to see where your revs are on the highway and such. I think I paid like $10-15 for it about a year ago.

I did the same thing, but i bought one made for 2 strokes by accident. Opps lol o well just got to multiply its reading x2

I have one, think its a tiny tach or something.

Was not to expensive.

I had an extra one I was going to sell but never got around to it.

Found few on e bay. Will hav look if the tiny tach is available in uk. Jus been fiddling wit gearing a lot n interested wot sort Revs it doin. Don't want anything to big on dash area. May try vapor one day. Must admit my standard clocks don't like running in mph

I like the tto tach. Jus sort thing looking for. That ans the works one look the same unit. Will try source one in uk. Thanks for info

• Like 1