Pro Flo Racing Ripped Me Off!

Hey guys, my son seized the piston in my RM125 a little over a month ago (just bought the cylinder last fall ugh) and after reading in several places on the forums where guys had sent theirs to Pro Flo I decided to send mine there too. BIG MISTAKE. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO THEM!!! I call and call and all I get is what sounds like a voicemail for a cell phone, email from the website with no reply, nothing. I escalated with pay pal but that's not going to get my cylinder or new piston back. Anybody else had a problem out of them? If so, how did it turn out for you? I'm super ticked and half tempted to drive up there and settle this the old fashioned way. For the kind of money I'll have to spend to get a new cylinder and piston and all, bail money is sounding cheaper right now.

• Like 1

That's a big deal. The only legitamate solution I can see is that it's a one man operation and he's sick or in a car wreck, something like that. Happened with a friend of my dad's a few years ago- old guy who makes cabinets. He had a heart attack and didn't pick up the phone for a few weeks. He had a lot of people's money up in the air for a while, I bet he got bitched at.

I sent them an email needing cylinder work. We'll see if they respond.

proflomx@aol.com <proflomx@aol.com>
6:36 PM (54 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Yes, we can take care of that.

.............................................................................................................

Still in business. Their FB page has people who posted up and have had their cylinders stolen as well. This is interesting. I wonder if it's an FBI matter. They investigate interstate fraud after all...

Yes it is a small operation from what I've learned so far. And yes I've tried the FB page. That's actually me that has been commenting under one of the reviews today. I've already escalated with PayPal and contacted the BBB. One guy in that review thread actually got his back but with no work done to it. Everybody else basically has just got nothing. They were quick to respond to me before I placed the order and sent them my parts but since then nothing. About 5 minutes ago I got an email from the proflomx address saying mine was being plated and they'd send me a tracking number when it was ready. Not sure I should hold my breath though, they responded to the FB thread for another guy and said theirs would be shipped on the following Mon or Tues but then that person added another comment over a week later asking about their stuff. I really hope maybe the guy is just slow but with the quick responses all the way up to when they got my money and parts and then nothing added onto what others or saying I'm not so sure. Right now I'd just be happy to get my stuff back. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I have two posts because I just signed up on here today. And not only is that my side of the story, it's the truth. But don't take my word for it, send them your cylinder and piston and find out if I'm wrong.

I've spoke to two people today that have been waiting way longer than me with no luck. I'm just trying to find out if it's just a few of us or what and hopefully prevent some other folks from the same headache.

I have two posts because I just signed up on here today. And not only is that my side of the story, it's the truth. But don't take my word for it, send them your cylinder and piston and find out if I'm wrong.

I understand the 2 posts, everyone has got to start somewhere. But most peoples first posts are usually asking for technical advice, not bashing a company...

• Like 1

People do not seem to realize that most of these racing 'companies' are nothing more than a guy in his garage. No doubt, this guy does some porting, when he has a large enough 'batch' he sends the barrels to a place like M/T to be plated and fitted to the piston. Unless he farms out everything, which some places do.

Rule #1 Never do business with a place you do not speak to the guy on the phone

Rule # 2 Make sure they have a good rep. That does not mean it can change, but minimize the risks

Rule #3 Everything is 'Two Weeks' This includes the making of the pyramids and the Sistine Chapel. Only God ever met the deadline. Reality is much longer

Rule #4 Pay a deposit, never in full until the job is done.

• Like 1

People do not seem to realize that most of these racing 'companies' are nothing more than a guy in his garage. No soubt, this guy does some portung, when he has a large enough 'batch' he sends the barrels to a place like M/T to be plated and fitted to the piston. Unless he farms out everything, which some places do.

Rule #1 Never do business with a place you do not speak to the guy on the phone

Rule # 2 Make sure they have a good rep. That does not mean it can change, but minimize the risks

Rule #3 Everything is 'Two Weeks' This includes the making of the pyramids and the Sistine Chapel. Only God ever met the deadline. Reality is much longer

Rule #4 Pay a deposit, never in full until the job is done.

rule #2 for sure.

I'm sure I will post needing technical assistance one day but as it happens this is the situation I'm in right now. When I started researching where to send my stuff I began looking through the forums to see who everybody else had used. I saw the name a few times and looked them up. I agree I should've spoken to them first but every time it emailed with a question or anything they always got right back with me until I placed the order.

Refer to my signature, everything CAD designed and tested on dyno. Will take a competitors motor and run it on the dyno and usually gets another 20% or more with no loss in torque. Squish and chamber designed with very little chance of detonation, even in this thick Florida sand.

Scott has a cylinder for one of my 125s as well as a head for my 250. He also has the $800 I sent him to get the parts ordered and do the work. I would never have sent him money except for the fact that he has done work for a buddy of mine and also did a cylinder for me last year with no problems. PayPal won't do anything for me because I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited to long. I know his son Max had a bad wreck on his bike and busted up his leg pretty bad not long ago so I was giving him time. Now I can't get responses at all. This guy is a crook. I even called his wife's number that I found in the yellow pages and she says she doesn't know anybody named Scott. The police are getting involved now. Although the first time I called his local department in Three Rivers they didn't call me back for a week because they were on vacation. Who knows maybe he has relatives in the department and it could be a waste of time. I just want my parts back so I can get these bikes running. I will be up in that area this summer so if nothing else I will stop by and try to see what is going on. Apparently there are several of us at this point. It would be nice if he would just let us know something. He responded to my wife's post on Facebook a while back but we haven't heard anything since.

One thing that is sad is that it sounds like his son Max is a pretty good racer. I would hate for that to get screwed up because his Dad is sticking it to guys in the same sport. Hopefully there is just a few of us that this has happened to.