Sign in to follow this  

What is this called, help

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me, what is the black little rubber cover over the starter button called and where can I order a new one? 1398378194995.jpg1398378182812.jpg

As you can see from the pictures mine is pretty messed up. I would like to replace it with a red one but if I can only get black I can live with it

It is a dust boot.  No idea where you would get a replacement without the whole switch.

What kind of bike is that?  The starter button on my DRZ doesn't look like that.

I do believe that's an E model.

Thank you very much everyone for your response. E.Marques, as usual thank you very much for the p/n and price. This forum is forever in debt to you.

And yes this is off a very rare suzwasaki Drz440ESM. Lol....gotta love a Frankenstein creation bike

Edited by goflossurself
  • Like 1

Lol....gotta love a Frankenstein creation bike

Yes ya just gotta luv em. :) My SuzyQ is the bride made by Dr. Frawnk N. Stien. (me) Who cares. All those pieces parts I've added just make her more distinctive and eclectic. She aint purdy butts I luvs her jusda same... ;) Maybe I should name her Rosie as in "Whole Lotta Rosie"...Don't retire yet AC/DC!!! (headbanger smiley needed here) :D

• Like 1

That start button looks just like the one on my wife's klx140. Part number 27010-0069, may not have the same length of wire or plug but you could easily solder into existing wire if not. cost $25.13 from TT store.

I have the same button on my E, and the rubber thingy is also starting to come apart, slowly. I guess I'll just get myself some rubber-thingy-free aftermarket button when the time comes.