Sign in to follow this  

Gonna be a weird question

Okay so I'm one of those many good that trashed that dumb TMX on their cr and used the heavenly sent PWK A/S instead to basically make their bike a rocket ship (I'm kidding, my tmx was destroyed is why i switched)

But i didn't change to a new throttle cable, and so my throttle cable is slightly exposed leading into the cover over the slide and tps (it's the '01+ yz pwk)

My question about this is can this cause an air leak? Like can air get sucked down that how and around the edges of the slide into the motor?

I just recently fixed another air leak i discovered...... i think. I know i need to use a pressure tester on the motor, it's on "the list" trust me guys. i just (probably) got a job and gotta wait for that first paycheck before i can go buy the parts for the pressure tester.

Sorry for the super long post, included will be a picture of what I'm talking about, if i can get it to work on my phone. I appreciate all the input and thank you to all who help!! :-)

What kind of Issue are you seeing? You should be able to push that cover down. Depending on the Issue you are having I don't see that causing major problems but its definitely not right. Recommend the correct cable anyway.  

It should not let anymore air in than what is already flowing through the carburetor. The right cable and or boot sealing down is a worse problem as it will allow small particles of dirt/ sand to get in ruining the cable and possibly binding the mechanism in the carb, and/or letting those small particles in the motor :-O.