Sign in to follow this  

small tear in seat

There is a small tear in my son's seat on his yz250. It's really small at this time. What is a good way to keep it from tearing any further? Is there a tip or trick?

I have removed staples, loosened cover enough to get to back side and used monofilament to sew the tear up.

It will keep it from getting worse for a while but I just use it until my new seat cover gets to me.

Edited by D9ZZ

We use fishing line and sew 'em up. Put some silicone on it to keep water out. I've had them hold up for a long time like that.

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELUXE-Vinyl-Leather-Repair-Kit-/111333399185?hash=item19ebfcda91&item=111333399185&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr     One of these might do it. If you buy a seat cover you may want to look into a air stapler if not there may be some  :foul: . I bought an entirely new seat for 70 bucks on ebay , nothing fancy just a black gripper ( what i wanted anyway ) and sold the factory red and black honda seat for 35 with a small rip in it. Some people don't care as long as they aren't sitting of yellow foam  :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELUXE-Vinyl-Leather-Repair-Kit-/111333399185?hash=item19ebfcda91&item=111333399185&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr     One of these might do it. If you buy a seat cover you may want to look into a air stapler if not there may be some  :foul: . I bought an entirely new seat for 70 bucks on ebay , nothing fancy just a black gripper ( what i wanted anyway ) and sold the factory red and black honda seat for 35 with a small rip in it. Some people don't care as long as they aren't sitting of yellow foam  :lol:

My buddy showed me some cheap seats on Ebay, bought one for $35.00 and it literally ripped 1/4 mile into my first ride with it.  Granted I crashed, yes I did--but a seat shouldn't rip when you crash in 3rd gear onto a flat dirt road crossing in a race that didn't mark the danger spots well enough. 

I knew the crossing was there, but the course was poorly marked.  This experience reinforced that you get what you pay for, the seat cover was a cheapo that I never shoulda bought.

My buddy showed me some cheap seats on Ebay, bought one for $35.00 and it literally ripped 1/4 mile into my first ride with it.  Granted I crashed, yes I did--but a seat shouldn't rip when you crash in 3rd gear onto a flat dirt road crossing in a race that didn't mark the danger spots well enough. 

I knew the crossing was there, but the course was poorly marked.  This experience reinforced that you get what you pay for, the seat cover was a cheapo that I never shoulda bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400673312757?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649   This is the one i bought but was 90 bucks , sorry. I've bought these for the last two bikes i've owned without a problem . I didn't mean buy used well i wouldn't .