Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Georgia Riding my XR650 from sarasota florida to ashville sc..

I have my route threw Florida planed ...that's easy but I am looking for a some what scenic route from Jacksonville to Ashville.

Does anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks for your input.

Asheville is in NC. I live about 45 minutes from there. I dunno a good route to travel up here on but once you're here you should ride the blue ridge parkway. Also, there are some good state maintained riding trails near me. 28 miles of trails. If you want more info on local riding areas up here I can give you more info. The parkway is beautiful though and nice and curvy. I'm slowly putting together a xr/xr600 supermoto just to ride the parkway. I could be mistaken and maybe there is an Asheville in SC.

That's where I am headed well really Landrum SC and from there to Nancy KY . I am bring my bike to our house in KY. I was looking for a route between Jacksonville and Landrum that's not all interstate. I will not have time for extended rides but will come back later for them

Yeah, I was also thinkin 441 from Georgia. I've only been on small parts of it when I lived in Georgia. Never took it all the way up. So, I couldn't give much info on that. If you ever do decide to ride wayehutta I could possibly meet ya and show you how to get there if its on a weekend. I live only a couple of miles from them. I usually ride my yz125 out there.

Take 17 to 321 and figure it out from there.

from jacksonville nc, go west towards the URE national forest, troy albermarle area, then head north somewhat towards 40 and 40 towards asheville, LOTS of smaller roads that way towards hickory, morganton and the area towards asheville. should be fun