Older leatt GPX style neck brace vs newer 5.5 brace

Just wondering if anyone has used the older neck brace and the newer 5.5 series brace? I have the older brace and my helmet makes a lot of contact with my brace. I can't even turn my head left or right without it touching the sides over the shoulders. I have a short stocky build and need a brace that sits noticeably lower on my shoulders for clearance. I read that the newer 5.5 series braces are lower but was curious by how much. I'm thinking I may have to go with an Atlas if unsure.

Not sure about the new leatts. I had an old style leatt and got rid of it due to lack of head movement. I tried every adjustment and never could make it work. I now have the atlas and can not tell its there. It seems to be a great brace, very comfortable and well built.

Not sure about the new leatts. I had an old style leatt and got rid of it due to lack of head movement. I tried every adjustment and never could make it work. I now have the atlas and can not tell its there. It seems to be a great brace, very comfortable and well built.

I have the old leatt and the atlas.I have a long neck.Both fit,but the Atlas is so comfortable I always end up wearing the atlas.

I could not ride with an older style Leatt.  To much restriction.  I currently use a 5.5 and hardly know it is on.  I use it with the Leatt chest protector it integrate with.  Nice set up.  The only think I do NOT like a any neck brace is it restricts the ability to tuck your head to the max.  My bid fear is taking a much harder hit to the head than I have to...because the brace prevents me from tucking and rotating over. 

I could not ride with an older style Leatt. To much restriction. I currently use a 5.5 and hardly know it is on. I use it with the Leatt chest protector it integrate with. Nice set up. The only think I do NOT like a any neck brace is it restricts the ability to tuck your head to the max. My bid fear is taking a much harder hit to the head than I have to...because the brace prevents me from tucking and rotating over.

Do you have a shorter neck? I'm about 5'8" and 185lbs. My helmet is in near total contact with the older club neck brace. If the newer Leatt 5.5 was about an inch shorter than the old, I should be able to wear it comfortably. I'd prefer the leatt because it's compatible with my TLD chest protector. I'm not so sure that the Atlas would be even though I think the Atlas would give me the clearance I would need.