Sign in to follow this  

Leaking Onto Motor

Hey Fellas,

I went out for the first ride of the season after a fresh top end in my 2005 CRF250R and came off the track and there was a build up of, what looked like, gas on the top of the transmission and it had soaked the back of the motor where the carburetor meets the head. It could be oil but when i checked the oil levels they seemed fine. I know that i need new left side gasket but i dont think it would be making it to the breather tube on the top of the carb. Im at a loss for what it could be, i was told it could be a stuck float and that it is just leaking out of the top of the carb but if its oil this doesn't make any sense. If it was oil what would be causing it to make it all over the carb? possibly coming up head and out the breather tube? I have no idea where to go with this whole thing. Help would be much appreciated. 

I have the exact same bike with the exact same problem. I can't figure out what it is or where's it coming from. I took it to a mechanic and he has the entire engine apart and we can't figure out what's wrong with it

Ok so if it's oil then it's this: I went and got it looked at and chances are you over filled your oil and so it's blowing out of your breather tube. They advised me to buy a tube to swap out with the old one that will fix it by Tokyo Mods or something like that. It's not necessarily a motor problem. This is what I was told. When I fix it I will update this post with the fix

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398556798.096520.jpg