Sign in to follow this  

250xcw or 300xcw?

so is there really a huge difference between the two bikes?  they are about $200 difference brand new ....what else?>

there are a ton of discussions on this topic. do a search on thumper talk and you will find a lot. I own a 2011 200xcw and my dad an 09 300xc. all the difference of the 250 and 300 will be in the motor. as for that its a preference thing. 300 lugs 250 has more top end. I would ride all 3 and make a choice.

there are a ton of discussions on this topic. do a search on thumper talk and you will find a lot. I own a 2011 200xcw and my dad an 09 300xc. all the difference of the 250 and 300 will be in the motor. as for that its a preference thing. 300 lugs 250 has more top end. I would ride all 3 and make a choice.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/02/2014-ktm-250-xc-w-and-300-xc-w-first-ride-review-photos/

yep i was being lazy

Pretty much the 250 is more of a revver and the 300 is more of a lugger. Both great bikes

• Like 1

I tell you I ride mostly trail.... but the two 250 sx I rode with both upgraded to the 300 kit. They say they would not go back. .. now all three of us have the bikes set up as a 300 sx though so that brings some of the reving back... again we do not soend a ton of time at the track...