Sign in to follow this  

I just had a revelation...

Looking at a pic of my DRZ I have the MRD Pro Comp, but I swear I ordered MRD/SSW (Z-PRO) (this was 4 years ago or more...so hell if I know where the receipt is).  Also my exhaust did not come with quiet insert or spark arrestor I've repacked it a few times already, never cared about noise I was living on a Air Force base with jets taking off every ten mins, and everyone rode a Hayabuse with straight pipes or a Harley....I know graphics have changed over the years, but....sob. 

You never go full retard and I think I did...for a few years.

Whats the diameter on the MRD/ZPRO tubing?  Not that it matters much like I am going to change it out, but Im kinda butt hurtIMG_20140331_144129496.jpg

I have an older one like yourself. It had the ProComp sticker but is a z-pro version. They did not always have a ssw sticker. At least mine didn't. When I refinished my can I ordered  new stickers. I did not get the ssw sticker. I put the ProComp sticker and the logo stickers back on. Later I pulled the pro comp label and polished the end cap. MRD has changed the graphics since our time a couple times.

• Like 1

Looking at a pic of my DRZ I have the MRD Pro Comp, but I swear I ordered MRD/SSW (Z-PRO) (this was 4 years ago or more...so hell if I know where the receipt is).  Also my exhaust did not come with quiet insert or spark arrestor I've repacked it a few times already, never cared about noise I was living on a Air Force base with jets taking off every ten mins, and everyone rode a Hayabuse with straight pipes or a Harley....I know graphics have changed over the years, but....sob. 

You never go full retard and I think I did...for a few years.

Whats the diameter on the MRD/ZPRO tubing?  Not that it matters much like I am going to change it out, but Im kinda butt hurtattachicon.gifIMG_20140331_144129496.jpg

the tube sizing is 2-1/4" on the mrd z-pro "mrd/ssw"

http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html

Haha thanks, gotta break out the micrometer and check that.

Kinda ridiculous I realized this 4 years later :doh: .  If it isn't the Zpro I'll accept it for what it is because it has a been a good exhaust. 

• Like 1

The MRD ProComp is no slouch in its own right,,,

Oh yeah!  Good exhaust, because I have been running it for past 4 - 5 years.  Micrometer confirmed 2" tubing.  Hmm not sure how I ordered the wrong exhaust but whatever.  Engine is not modified and I strictly use drz for backroads and local riding.  If and when I ever do BBK and other mods and it bothers me that much, I'd sell my current MRD Pro Comp and buy the MRD/Zpro.  I'd give Dave @MRD more of my money.  However I am happy with what my DRZ does at the moment...plus I am on a tight budget.

FYI for everyone, my butt dynos of comparing MRD/Zpro to Yosh RS2 are now invalidated and inaccurate.  Who would have thought butt dynos could be wrong...