PW50 Electrical Issues

So i bought my daughter a mint 2004 PW50. Got a good deal on it. Worked perfectly! She road it about 10 times and then after a little crash it won't run anymore. I'm very handy, but this thing has me SERIOUSLY stumped. It won't run or start. Actually, it kinda of starts. A little ping.... ping... ping... but if i breath on the throttle it dies. in fact now, it won't even start start at all, just a few little coughs and pops. I changed the plug, i've checked compression (120PSI), it has spark, though it only seems bright in the START position (not much park in the RUN position). the timing appears to be perfect (woodruff key is in the right spot). The fuel is new, and flowing. I even replaced the carb thinking that was it (i cleaned the other one head to tow, but figure a little piece of dirt might have gotten in???). Still NOTHING. 

SO, can someone tell me the electrical specs to check (i have a nice Fluke so i can test everything). I can't the specs ANYWHERE online. Weird. 

Going to go check the reeds tonight.  

By the way, won't even start with starter fluid. 

alright, so i just pulled the reeds. All is good there. So, moving on to what's next. I found the measurements for the electrical components. Everything checks out except the coil is a little too much resistance on the secondary side. well, it's pretty high actually. Supposed to have up to 8k ohms, mines has 12.5k ohms. Could that really be it?

Also, one other weird thing. There is barely ANY spark in the run position, and TONS in the Start position (Switch). Is this normal!? it still won't fire up in Start position even with all the spark so what gives? The switch tests out fine too so i'm pretty confused. no corrosion that i can find on anything electrical. 

Other than that, i'm seriously at a loss here. 

well, this place is a ghost town. Pretty lame. 

Anyway, for others to benefit I will post what i found. I FIXED IT! Turned out to be electrical. i cleaned every single connection, cleaned all the grounds, and then dielectric greased every connection. now it the bike works like a champ.

Was it the connection behind the number plate? I heard that to be a source of issue before

actually, no it wasn't. It was the connection to the Stator. Just got dirty/wet enough that it was messing with ignition power. Works like a champ now.