Sign in to follow this  

2001 Honda Cr250 Rebuild

Ok i have pretty much rebuilt this bike from ground up all bearings besides steering stem bearings have been replaced. All new chain and sprockets, entirely rebuilt bottom end engine bought from Eric Gorr, new chain slider, new chain rollers, new clutch cable and clutch assembly, new radiator hoses (will upload tomorrow), new high pressure radiator cap, new piston kit, new gaskets everywhere, new front wheel and rear wheel axles bolts, new rear oem hub, new m404 combo tires, new spokes and rims on both wheels, new handgrips (upload soon), new plastics and graphics from factory effex (nobody will like of course cause of metal mulisha and will upload after completion), will be flushing radiator with miracle flush once completion, will be flushing brake fluid and bleeding brakes. I also found out that i had a rad valve on there so i put in new reeds and new boot and clamps. (Found out that by ordering an oem boot with clamp) also had to have my swingarm welded cause the previous owner let the chain eat throught the slider into the swingarm. That's about it I will add stuff if I go out there Saturday. The only thing I'm waiting on is collars and washers for the linkage since pivot works doesn't come with new ones. So far I got the engine and front wheel together and on the bike along with the radiators and clutch plus cable.

1398396263967.jpg

1398396287202.jpg

1398396301971.jpg

1398396316019.jpg

1398396333830.jpg

1398396354433.jpg

1398396370828.jpg

1398396384640.jpg

1398396402337.jpg

1398396418582.jpg

1398396435480.jpg

1398396451731.jpg

1398396465918.jpg

1398396659219.jpg

1398396676032.jpg

Edited by chadster54321

That will be sweet when its done,I just picked up an 01 and plan on redoing everything. It'll be over time though. Make sure you give updates.

That will be sweet when its done,I just picked up an 01 and plan on redoing everything. It'll be over time though. Make sure you give updates.

will do. maybe the first start up video will come along.
  • Like 1

Lol nobody else commented must be people who are so offended by graphics on a bike. Graphics don't make a bike fast or cool. How pitiful lol

Chadster

I'm new to the dirt bike world. And I'm curious about what problem ppl have with Metal Mulisha?

it involves your mom ask her

Most people who run metal mulisha graphics are retarded. Most!! Not all

I agree people give them a bad rep. But same with people with atvs. Dumb rednecks with no helmet and going around doing donuts. Lol I'm quite friendly I'd be more than happy to change people's opinion at my track.

Looks good. I've got a '00 model, essentially the same bike and doing just about the exact same you are doing, I re-used my collars on the linkage but misplaced one so ordered a few just for spares. Not messing with the bottom end and bypassing the plastics for now too. Replated cylinder with a wisco piston kit. Just waiting on the cylinder. I also took the liberty to replace the springs front and back for my weight. Much looking forward to that. I see the pic of your expansion chamber in one of the pics. Cleaning or getting a ding out?

Looks good. I've got a '00 model, essentially the same bike and doing just about the exact same you are doing, I re-used my collars on the linkage but misplaced one so ordered a few just for spares. Not messing with the bottom end and bypassing the plastics for now too. Replated cylinder with a wisco piston kit. Just waiting on the cylinder. I also took the liberty to replace the springs front and back for my weight. Much looking forward to that. I see the pic of your expansion chamber in one of the pics. Cleaning or getting a ding out?

good ol cleaning with a torch and heat gun. I will be getting my cylinder plated next winter and have it ported. My stock springs are actually for my weight (160) so I lucked out there. I just need to replace the oil and old parts. But funny that my seals are not leaking at all. Maybe it was rebuilt at one point but the guy who had it before me just never raced it.

Hey man great looking build I did just about the same thing just more money involved (good or bad) here's my thread thiers quite a bit of good information on it mabeay it could help

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1052412-i-need-help-with-my-01-cr250-please/

Nice job though

I've dumped more than 2k in this bike that cost 2k. It's easy to say this bike is worth 4500, maybe more. I'm waiting for partzilla to ship me my Damn parts already. I'm never going to buy something as simple as washers to save a buck or two from there again and just use rockymountainatv for the small stuff they ship hell of a lot faster Edited by chadster54321
  • Like 1

I've dumped more than 2k in this bike that cost 2k. It's easy to say this bike is worth 4500, maybe more. I'm waiting for partzilla to ship me my Damn parts already. I'm never going to buy something as simple as washers to save a buck or two from there again and just use rockymountainatv for the small stuff they ship hell of a lot faster

That what I figured out always use rockymoutain even if it is alittle more expensive because it pays off

I ordered from partzilla and they didn't have the items in stock so I had to wait for them to receive the items from the factory, so they could shop them to me. I waited a week before I emailed asking the status of my order. They emailed me back and said when I should receive the items. Showed up right when they said. Took 2 weeks total.

I ordered from partzilla and they didn't have the items in stock so I had to wait for them to receive the items from the factory, so they could shop them to me. I waited a week before I emailed asking the status of my order. They emailed me back and said when I should receive the items. Showed up right when they said. Took 2 weeks total.

I tried partzilla. I now call them poopzilla. Never again.

yeah but they are good for high cost parts. My rear hub wasn't that bad. Yea I had to wait but hey it was a good price

Have fun with the build!! I'll be looking forward to seeing come together.

• Like 1

yeah but they are good for high cost parts. My rear hub wasn't that bad. Yea I had to wait but hey it was a good price

For the high price parts, go to RMATV and submit a price match request.

• Like 1