Sign in to follow this  

5'3 on a CR125

So I'm going to go look at a 2001 CR125 on saturday, but i am about 5'3 and a half. Will i have any problems with riding the bike or stopping ?

Not to be a downer but yeah, you're gonna have problems. I'm 5'4 and rode my cr125 all last summer, and the biggest thing is uneven ground, which is everywhere. You go to put your foot down, only to find there's no ground and you fall over. Repeatedly. Stallings even worse. But hey unlike me hopefully you're still growing. This year I got a 1991 kx250, which is notorious for being rather large, and am handling it fine. Worst comes to worst you shave the seat. Final verdict- go for it and good luck!

I think my son was about that size when I put him on a 125.  It was a little big for him but the larger tires for the big bike make up for the taller size(since it will roll right over stuff that will upset a smaller wheel bike).  Like was said, if you are still growing, you will grow into it.

I'm 5'6 and still struggle at times in my middle age with the tall suspension.  I can't even tip toe it very well.  I was 5'4 when I got my first CR125 and had an absolute blast.  The tall suspension is part of the whole package that makes these bikes so much fun.  Learn some techniques, like use a rock or a stump for starting.  Only fall uphill, never downhill.  Not falling is better.

• Like 2

When RC raced the CR he had a modded (cut) sub-frame and shaved seat. There are plenty of ways to lower a bike, lowering link, moving fork legs up in the triple etc...

My son was 12 and about 5' 4" when we bought his CR125. I shaved the seat down about 2 inches to make him more comfortable. Four months later he had hit a growth spurt and I was ordering a new piece of FX seat foam.