Sign in to follow this  

Some questions about my BB kit and Cams

So, I decided to tear down my engine to verify that it has a Big Bire (94mm) kit on it so that I knew what i was dealing with for sure, and so I could remove the 3-ply gasket and make it 1-ply like the E model. That said, when I bought the bike, they simply said it had a 440 BB and Cams, I was hoping you guys might be able to help identify which ones it has exactly?

Album of pics I took:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4d_5qD_RANfeFM0Zk83OUtycDA&usp=sharing

I would agree with the chook , they look like hotcams 

cams001.jpg

My cylinder works big bore had e2 and no date stamps on the barrel , my std bore had e4 and very clear date stamps , dont know about e2 . I would do as the chook says and measure it , greg 

29952_390163621915_686021915_4509107_115

• Like 2

Thanks, i  did measure the bore and it was 94mm, I was just wondering if you guys knew maybe which kit I had, be it Cylinder Works, or some other one.

The cams I think are hotcams from looking at your photo.

Another question, Ive reassembled the top end now, and theres a loud ticking sound that I dont think was there before. I just took it apart again tonight to check that the timing was spot on but couldnt start it up again to check it the sound was gone because it was at 11pm. What do you guys think the noise could be, assuming its still there in the morning when I try to start it?

Check cam chain tension

Check valve clearances

Turn the motor over a few times and make sure all is good .

Checked over it a third time, and it turns out the timing was about 3 teeth off, so I used my finger to put pressure on the timing chain while adjusting the cams and got the marks lined up perfectly level with the top of the head.

Got a MCCT in the mail and a fan override switch soon also.

Does anybody know why my coolant light would come on, but the fan wont kick on? Ive tested the fan with my computer's PSU and it works just fine on the 12v molex connector, so I'm thinking its either the fan thermoswitch or the coolant thermometer on the other rad.

Hey guys, I have another problem, I was attempting the stator and flywheel loctite fixes and some little cylinder fell out of the crankcase cover. It's larger than the cover stay cylinders that go inside the bolt holes, I can't figure out where it goes. I've attached a pic.

20140501_211506.jpg

Hey guys, I have another problem, I was attempting the stator and flywheel loctite fixes and some little cylinder fell out of the crankcase cover. It's larger than the cover stay cylinders that go inside the bolt holes, I can't figure out where it goes. I've attached a pic.

not reading the whole thread, but youve got a locating dowel in your hand, it either goes on that cover you just removed or it goes inbetween the cylinder/base/head. find out where youre missing one those are important

Yep it looks like the locating pin on either the head or the barrel , they are number 5 and 7 in these exploded veiws , greg

18982_3.gif

18982_4.gif

it was the bearing for the torque limiter actually. Thanks anyways guys, I figured it out. :thumbsup:

good catch