Sign in to follow this  

Bike won't start

I have a 2004 rmz250, bike was running fine then went and had a rest for an hour, decided to jump back on and wasn't able to start the bike... It worked with a push start and was running perfect, then stopped again and was still not able to start it.. Took it home checked spark plugs and they're fine.. Top and bottom end were rebuilt approx 8-10 hours ago and was run in smoothly.. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Edited by bigmatty95

Spark plug is fine, fuel is fresh, and how do I check compression? I think I may be lacking, people who have tried kick starting it said it didn't feel to have a lot of compression... How is that fixed?

I am new to bikes and don't know a hell of a lot about them.

Edited by bigmatty95

You will have better luck with advice and help on the make model specific forum..check it out..the above posters are speaking the truth though...

If you wanna do tests, a leak down test is what id do in your shoes. Sounds like valves. If you don't have the testers you can rent it. But you can also just measure valve clearances. Just pop the top. Clean that gasket nice. Bikes on the verge of valves being out display what you said. Its all of a sudden too. You'll be surprised. It could just be onevalve. Probably exhaust. Dont get overwhelmed. Its not that hard. Set aside three hours. Pull plastics, tank, seat, valve cover. Take plug out . Lift rear tire of ground. Put in fifth. Spin back wheel til cranks at TDC. Itll hold. Measure. You got feeler gauges right? Five bux atany auto store. Jot notes. Do the math. Reshim and boom. You have a new bike. Holla for help