Sign in to follow this  

Project Opportunity

Found a 06 250sx 2t guy said it needs a carb boot, top and bottom end rebuild. Can pick it up for 400....dont know anything about KTMs would it be a worth while project? Whats it worth running in decent shape looks wise?

Does it start? I've heard of people that will do something simple to make the bike not run, "needs carb boot, coil, stator, ect" to hide bigger problems. If it won't start, bring a compression tester. Check the drain plug to see if it's not stripped. Check for loose spokes, play in the steering stem, swingarm, and wheel bearings. Where in NC are you? I would expect a bike like that to go for between 2k and 2500 depending on the overall condition.

"I've heard of people that will do something simple to make the bike not run, "needs carb boot, coil, stator, ect" to hide bigger problems."

He pretty clearly says it needs a top and bottom end rebuild. Take a long hard look at the rest of the bike, if it looks ok take a chance on it. You can probably part it out for more than 400 if the motor work turns out to be too much.

• Like 1

He says it will start but it doesnt run great....I already have a 06 ktm 525sx that needs alot of work. I posted about it in the 4st section. Would any of the parts be the same between the 2 bikes?

I'd check it out, of it was in good shape otherwise I'd buy it so fast. They go for 2500+ here, that and I'm one of those people that loves projects :p

Just came back from the supercross race at the metlife stadium. I will let you guys know what I find If can go check it out this week. If its available.