Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X NUMBER PLATE BACKGROUNDS?

I have searched around for number plate backgrounds for the CRF450X, I have found a few different companies
Some on ebay & online mention 09 450R backgrounds fit the 450X but that does not seem right, Pre 08 450R looks like they would match better? Some mention that the 450X & 250X is the same also?
They seem harder to find than 450R backgrounds, Some have different colored borders or are part of full graphics kits so they would look odd without the rest of the kit, I am not into the skulls & roses & similar crap so I would particularly like some plain backgrounds? Should not really be that hard to find I would have thought?
Let me know where to get some? Pics & feedback on the quality & application etc would be great
The really thick glossy looking backgrounds & graphics look sorta better but are more likely to peel up on the corners or parts that are not flat, The thinner type usually go on much easier but may not be as durable, What have you used & how do they look & fit???

Pretty sure 09R won't fit, that is the year the 450R changed to the flow through number plate/rear guard, the same as this 2010 250R I recently did up.

I have a flu designs kit but would only really suit if you go with the whole kit.

The 15ml, 3m (thicker) are the go. Very durable, they are tricky to fit but if you take your time they come out good. I have had some corners lift but all I did was use a hair dryer to mould them back into shape and they stuck back down and havnt moved again.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398422055.277662.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398422125.953830.jpg

N-Style & Factory Effex have been around forever but they dont seem to list anything (plain backgrounds) for the 450X?

I actually would not mind the N-Style backgrounds if they were available in white with a black border?

http://store.n-style.com/Honda-Pre-Printed-Plates-White-Honda-Pre-Printed-Plates-White.htm

Edit: Found the N-Style plain backgrounds but still no listing for the 450X?
http://store.n-style.com/Honda-Pre-Cut-Plates-Honda-Pre-Cut-Plates.htm

http://store.factoryeffex.com/Graphic-Number-Plate-Backgrounds_c_48-1-3.html

Edited by CRF450XINOZ

No 450R backgrounds will work for the 450X.

We use a guy named Jeremy Stinnett. He owns Motographix in Santa Barbara, CA.

His website is: http://motographix.biz/product-category/backgrounds/

He can do anything for the 450X...

Agree 100%!  Just used Jeremy Stinnet at Motogrphix, and he did a fantastic job with my CRF Repsol kit we designed.  I'll post up pics in another thread.

• Like 1

Not too worried about the headlight / front number plate, Does anyone know if the 08 or earlier CRF450R number plate backgrounds will fit CRF450X?

If your talking about the SHROUD graphics , then you can make some of the 450R ones fit  , i have 2008 OEM Honda Limited Edition Tribal Graphics on both my 02 450R and my 06 450X , all it took was very slight trimming the excess off at the back end of the shroud by the last hole of the graphics on the bottom part of the shroud to make them fit

img0032ud.jpg

img1028dq.jpg

img0029vw.jpg

Decal Works  , i think it was around $49.00 u.s. plus shipping  , i will dig around and see if i can find my receipt

https://www.decalmx.com/

EDIT: I looked around and could not find my receipt  , i got them just this winter , they are the EZ set at the bottom of the page in the link below  , they are $49  , just go to the CHANGE COLORS & NUMBERS and choose what you want

https://www.decalmx.com/designListing.php?catID=28&bikeMakeID=7

Edited by 450XJimDirt

Dont think I will bother with the backgrounds from DecalMX, Postage to Australia is just a little bit too much???>

Shipping options and delivery times apply to your order after the manufacturing process is complete. 

UPS Worldwide Expedited
($103.09)

Order Total:
$153.04

UPS Saver
($107.61)

Order Total:
$157.56

I got some backgrounds from the UK for $25AU including postage to Australia, I will see how they go? When they arrive I will cut out some templates out of thin cardboard so I can make some more backgrounds later on out of the Factory Effex or N-Style universal sheets that can be bought for about $20 for 3 sheets

Edited by CRF450XINOZ

Yikes !! , they really soak you to ship to you guys over there , that sucks  , which is weird because there is no weight to it , just like a 10x20 flat package , doubt it even weighs 1/2 pound  , it would be like a over sized letter

Oh Well  , hopefully you can get it to work with whats available over there !!

No, Typically posting stuff to Australia is not that expensive, This is just the case with most online shops & their checkout systems that suck

As mentioned I have some backgrounds on the way from the UK (England), I even got them to throw in a UFO rear fender (& scored a bonus/free XL shirt) & the postage cost to Australia was only 11£ which is just under $20.00AU, Not bad compared to $100US to send 3 big stickers to AUS
Nearly all my goodies/parts on my 450X have come from the USA, I have spoken direct to a few shops when I come across the ridiculous international shipping costs & some are helpful & send stuff via a more reasonable option but others basically say thats it take it or leave it

Well hopefully the ones you have coming will be what you want , or at least get you to where you want to be with it

Post some pics when your done with it , or before and after shots !!

Edited by 450XJimDirt

OH there will be plenty enough pics dont worry, Just ask BolinsJrsPit Crew! LOL

This is 4 months ago (As new 09 model with 380K's) up until a few weeks ago, Has had a bit of a transformation already, Not sure about the next stage but I want to change it a bit more?

CRF450XEVOLUTION2.jpg

No (Not really different at all, Actually better!) our AUS 450X has a digital speedo (Rather crap though), Blinkers & an LED tail/stop light on the back, A plastic chain guard, Switch control on the left bar & mirrors fitted

We dont have the smog crap on the motor either

You guys over there pay quite a bit for the plate kits too, We pay a bit more for our bikes in general but we can legally ride the 450X (& many other dirt bikes) off the showroom floor & down the road

CRF450XPOWERBOMBHEADER4.jpg