Sign in to follow this  

wont start?

can anyone give me some advice please.

just done a topend on crf450r 08 and tried to start it today and its backfiren when it feels like its tryin to start. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you need to recheck the cam timing.

yea sound about right budd.if its slighty off the marks will it not start

Line the cam gear line and arrow up and then the flywheel should look like this.. Notice when you look at it at a lower angle you can see the gap in the cover. The gap needs to be inside those two lines ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398431725.073368.jpg

Line the cam gear line and arrow up and then the flywheel should look like this.. Notice when you look at it at a lower angle you can see the gap in the cover. The gap needs to be inside those two lines attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398431725.073368.jpg

its different on an 08 m8 its a on inside and triangle on outside

its different on an 08 m8 its a on inside and triangle on outside

u mean line the camgear up on the right and look inside the flywheel on the left or is that picture off a different year

u mean line the camgear up on the right and look inside the flywheel on the left or is that picture off a different year

The left side... Cam gear is on the left side AND the flywheel is on the left side
  • Like 1

+1

not on myne its not its on right side,wats plus one chookin the chicken

What does staffy mean over there anyways?

Edited by Diggla117

digger I have one its studied religiously like the bible,go check ya bible on a 08 my cam gears on the right mann and staffie is a Staffordshire bull terrier rarrr

I was doin a handstand lookin to the left haha.. anyway will this stop the backfiren and start the bitch or whaa

I don't know , but I hope you get it going its been a long journey for you on this build lol , if its in time then you need to look at carb and valve clearance 5 thou intake and 11 thou exhaust when at top dead center , double check !!!

I don't know , but I hope you get it going its been a long journey for you on this build lol , if its in time then you need to look at carb and valve clearance 5 thou intake and 11 thou exhaust when at top dead center , double check !!!

tell me about it,looks like the timeings out ive set it then turned the tensioner and its moved it out without doing it while the cover off ..

if ive got the cam and gears lined but not the flywheel side whats going on ther,doesnt seem to be anywhere near the other timeing ,anyone?

got cam gear lined up with cam chain lines n marks on top ,exhaust valve clearance is 27mm+3mm,intake valve clearance is 15mm+3mm at top dead but no marks on flywheel side???