Sign in to follow this  

KTM 525 any particular year?

Hi, I am looking for 525 and wondering if I should look for particular year or just the bike with lowest km on the clock?

the 03-04 had funky rear susp, the 05 fixed that. The 05 has a bad starter gear issue in right side case. The 06 is worked out. The 07 is street legal and needs smog stuff removed. All need to be re-jetted and properly sprung front n rear for your weight.

Only thing wrong with my 04 is it sits in my garage too much! Not enough time to ride. I've raced it in Harescrambles, did Dualsports and have loaded it with camping stuff! Like I learned early on, these 525 EXC's are XR killers, meaning they're so much more a bike and just as reliable. I've got about 5000 miles on mine and 300 hours and have only adjusted the valves. I'm sending in the rear shock for service for the first time, not because something's wrong just that I've ignored it all these years! Change oil, give it new rubber and feed it fuel and enjoy!

• Like 1

Only thing wrong with my 04 is it sits in my garage too much! Not enough time to ride. I've raced it in Harescrambles, did Dualsports and have loaded it with camping stuff! Like I learned early on, these 525 EXC's are XR killers, meaning they're so much more a bike and just as reliable. I've got about 5000 miles on mine and 300 hours and have only adjusted the valves. I'm sending in the rear shock for service for the first time, not because something's wrong just that I've ignored it all these years! Change oil, give it new rubber and feed it fuel and enjoy!

Agree. I even have an XR and my 04 exc is like an xr after a serious diet and steroid injections. The 03-04 pds rear isn't the greatest ever but certainly not bad for trail riding. Works fine for me, I love the rfs motor and the bike in general.