Sign in to follow this  

Suspension rebuild?

Hi everyone i was just looking into a suspesion rebuild for my drz400s. I was probably just going to send them in somewhere any recommendations? I was looking at maybe factory connection or race tech if anyones used any of these guys before. The rear shock and front forks arent busted just figured a 9 year old bike could use a rebuild. I bought a new spring last year and it was good till around now it seems to sit a little low compared to when i changed the spring. Thanks for any and all replies appreciated!

The truth is, for your bike that is 9 years old, you should just spend about 150 for the forks, and 125 for the shock and get new seals, oil etc.  You would be wasting money to have extensive work done. 

I'm gonna hijack this thread a bit, because interesting topic was brought here. Do suspension springs wear out? Is there any measurable difference between new and couple years old suspension spring?

Do suspension springs wear out? Is there any measurable difference between new and couple years old suspension spring?

Spring rates do not wear out.  In other words, a 5.4 spring won't deteriorate to a 5.2 over time.  But spring will yield, or 'sack out' and get shorter over time.