Sign in to follow this  

Ignition Switch Wire Break?

I have a break between the ignition switch and the 2 wire connecter on the ignition relay. The wire in the front of the bike is yellow with a green runner and the wire on the connector is yellow with a black runner. Does anyone know where the transition is made? can I just run my own wire from the switch to the connector? btw I already checked the clutch switch and its fine beyond that point.

Thanks

Danny

just found the transition, its some type of relay? it has 7 prongs and says "Denso FE249JR", Whats is it? We checked the continuity from the switch to the relay and from the relay to the 2 connector next to the solenoid and the wires are fine. So can I just connect the wires, there must be a reason it goes into a relay?

Edited by DOKONALY

just found the transition, its some type of relay? it has 7 prongs and says "Denso FE249JR", Whats is it? We checked the continuity from the switch to the relay and from the relay to the 2 connector next to the solenoid and the wires are fine. So can I just connect the wires, there must be a reason it goes into a relay?

$T2eC16V,!ysE9sy0iPNzBQYmk4clN!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!qcF!b-wPwbPBQYmlBBe+!~~60_57.JPG

You mean this one?

That is a combo relay..

It is the turn signal blinker relay and a switched power relay 

What do you think, can I just connect the wires and put an inline fuse in? bypassing the relay.

No,, doing so would make that circuit HOT all the time vs just with the key on. 

specifically

What year and model are we talking about?

What wire color . starting point, ending point are we talking about. 

No need to fuse.  Just connect the wires together.  It just bypasses the side-stand interlock.

No,, doing so would make that circuit HOT all the time vs just with the key on. 

specifically

What year and model are we talking about?

What wire color . starting point, ending point are we talking about. 

Its a 2001 DRZ 400s, from ignition switch to the relay it is yellow with a green runner, from the relay to the 2 pin connector (excite wire?) is yellow with a black runner.

DOKONALY - No. From the ignition switch to the start button is orange, then yellow/green to the clutch switch, then yellow/green to the  interlock relay, then yellow/black to the stater relay.

DOKONALY - No. From the ignition switch to the start button is orange, then yellow/green to the clutch switch, then yellow/green to the  interlock relay, then yellow/black to the stater relay.

Your right, since I removed the clutch switch It slipped my mind,