Sign in to follow this  

whats the best gas gas to buy? Raga?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying a another gas gas trials bike, I have a 2008 sherco 250 and a gas gas 2003 txt pro 280, now the 2003 pro has givin me alot of problems and I mean alot! but I have always managed to fix them myself and with help from you guys as well, the gas gas is such a great bike to ride and so eazy to do stuff with. the Sherco is one of these bike that starts frist kick everytime and gives minimum problems but for me I personally find it not as nice as the txt to ride. So I am now comming up on my frist year after taking up Trials and I am thinking of getting a new/newer trials bike and was wondering does anyone have any good advice about gas gas choices? is a Raga model a top of the range bike?

Cheers all.

I bought a 2014 th 300 race this year. Its basically a Raga without the tech forks for about $1000 less. I came off an 03 280 Pro which is a great bike, but the Race is such a sweet bike and everything is improved, so I don't think you'll go wrong buying another gas gas. The champs in my club ride gas gas and I don't see them wanting to switch brands.

• Like 1

Himm where do I start! the gas gas txt pro 280 2003 I bought gave me alot of problems and I mean alot, but with the help from all the knowledgeable people on the TT and TC chat forums and a good box of tools I was able to fix every problem, I think when you own a trials bike you have to be handy with a set of spanners! I will now attempt a small list of problems I had with the bike

: replaced a mangled up "shift shaft return spring" (bigish job)

: cltuch hub bolt (last owner put solid one in)

: numours flats (back and front)

: starting issuies (never starts on frist or second kick)

: cltuch hub bush

: hydrolocked it with petrol (and then blown out the crankcase seals while trying to kick start it)

theres just a few I can think of, but the other side is that I have owned a nice 2008 sherco 250 with no problems but the time i owned it I never learnt much or couldnt do much on it, the gas gas was always the weapon of choice! its soooo much more fun than anything I have come accross yet, and even when I buy a new one I will still keep my old one as well.... if I had to go back on another bike hat wasnt a gas gas id cry! I think thats what gassers do to you!, now I dont want to offend anybody else that doesnt ride a gas gas! and this is solely my own opinion! (even tho all the top freestylers on youtube ride gassers Ha!) plus there eazy to work on....

I hope this helps

Regards,

Colin.

Thanks for the info Colin. I hope to not have these issues, but we shall see. This is my first modern trials bike (restoring a Bultaco sherpa t right now). Super excited.

Ryan

• Like 1