Sign in to follow this  

Alberta Riders

I went out riding last weekend at  Waiparous. I was rather surprised how the trails were. For the most part they were dry. There were the usual spots that never dry up throughout the summer but other than those areas it was really good!!!! There was still snow in some of the lower fields, this is actually where i spent most of my day. I was having a blast slipping and sliding in the deep slushy snow.

If you still haven't been out riding yet, your missing out.

Im going out to rocky mountain house todayffor a ride at southfork. I imagine it will be wet and muddy maybe even still some snow out there. Other than that i have just been crusin some trails inbetween red deer and blackfalds just to get the feel back after not riding since november. It does feel great to be back on the bike with all the freedom lol

Just went to drumheller for some riding yesterday. Let me tell you i had a blast. The most fun i have had trail riding period. The trails are somtimes wide open to the tightest singletrack i have rode. Riding some ridges that have straight drops on both side. Intense !!! The senic beutty out there is amazing. You dont relize how vast the area is, till you get up and behind the hills. The hill climbs out there are friggin amazing. The best part, there was no logs or trees to jump or try to get around and also it was dry, rocky and sandy. Im getting sick of play in the mud and muskegg of caroline and rocky mountain house. It has everything a rider could ask for.

Just went to drumheller for some riding yesterday. Let me tell you i had a blast. The most fun i have had trail riding period. The trails are somtimes wide open to the tightest singletrack i have rode. Riding some ridges that have straight drops on both side. Intense !!! The senic beutty out there is amazing. You dont relize how vast the area is, till you get up and behind the hills. The hill climbs out there are friggin amazing. The best part, there was no logs or trees to jump or try to get around and also it was dry, rocky and sandy. Im getting sick of play in the mud and muskegg of caroline and rocky mountain house. It has everything a rider could ask for.

Me and a few buddies went out and were told that you can't ride on the trails anymore. So we had to hit the track instead.

There was a cpl signs saying no trespasing and bullshit but they havent inforced it. Me and my bro say a family of 5 out there and another 6 or 7 riders out there. I heard the cops got quads and bike to go out there and inforce it but they all crash and were injured. Lmfbo. As long as you dont unload where the road is, theres no way they can catch you. The area is so vast and there too much area to cover. Its well worth the risk in my eyes. Hahaha

So where is everyone from in alberta. I live in red deer and try to get out on the trails a cpl times each month. I do some track riding in alix at extreme racing. I would like to try rocky mountain house tabletop raceways, drumhellers track and rimbys track aswell. Lets here where everyone is from and see if we can get together on some trails or track.

Im in Calgary. Always looking for some guys to ride with. I have a group of a few good buddies but I work up north on a 14/7 so I have lots of weekdays off to ride. I hit Wildrose MX Park here and there, the main track is pretty gnarly.

Other spots are Waiporous, McLean creek, Koocanusa Bc.

I live in Hinton, been out to Brule sand dunes a couple times this year, really good time with a decent amount of area to play in, lots of hill climbing! I'm new to the area with only a couple guys to ride with. If anyone is ever in the area or planning a trip feel free to pm me, always looking for new people to ride with!

I'm from Calgary but I'm working just outside Ft. Sask for the summer. Rode the sand trails near Bruderheim but I'm just getting back into riding after 18+ years off so it was a little sketchy. Did a day at Wildrose and it was pretty good. I think I'll try Super Dave's when it opens and Castrol this week.

Anybody have some suggestions where I can ride within an hour of Ft. Sask?

I am in fort sask (Edmonton ). Just getting back into riding again, if anyone is heading out and wants some company, let me know

Week days are good too, shift worker.

Dave

Honda 450x

I'm from Ontario but I work north of Edmonton.

Legal, to be more specific.

I noticed a sign, something of an off road park just a little further west of Legal on hwy 651.

Anyone know more about this place?

I might bring my new to me XL600 if I can when I go back to work in 2 weeks.

Peace river looks like it would have some awesome trails and scenery.

I guess it all depends on where they send me on the next run.

I drive b-trains hauling crude.

So I can be running Fort Mac to Lloyd or Edmonton area or Up around Worsley to Valleyview, High Prairie, Peace River or anywhere around the GP area.