Sign in to follow this  

YZ360 for sale maybe . what should i ask ?

im toying with selling my 360 . but I have no idea what to ask for it . this is a one of a kind dirt bike, the Engine has been rebuilt all new bearings and seals, crank has been rebuilt with long rod , Ohlins 360cc big bore kit , all new bearings in swing arm and linkage , new wheel bearings , Ohlins rear shock , sss front forks , APT cast 38 mm smart carb, hydraulic clutch. new chain and sprockets, new gold rims, 2005 YZ250 frame same as 2014, yellow retro plastic, custom seat cover , powder coated frame and swing-arm to give the bike a 70's-80's look , engine is hydro dipped to look like carbon fiber. dyno port pipe / fmf silencer . only 1000 Ohlins big bore kits where made world wide . all parts for the kit are still available from noleenj6 less cylinder .

yz 360.jpg

yz360 3.jpg

yz360 4.jpg

yz360 9.jpg

yz360 11.jpg

Start by asking for the bank, and go from there.

Unfortunately, you have a bike built of love and desire.  I would love to have it, but couldn't possibly afford to add another steed to my stable right now.

I suspect that you have far more money, time and effort involved in the build than what 99% of us interested would be willing to pay.  Have you sat down and figured out how much you have invested (just in parts and machine work)?

I think that I would consider putting it up on eBay with a  reserve for about 10% less than was I have invested in receipts, and see what happens.  If you don't get any bids to meet the reserve you are only out the cost of listing.

• Like 1

I would expect a part out would be your best way to get the most out of it. Perhaps throw the stock engine and shock on it and sell it that way. That's a very specialized bike, and will be hard to find the one guy looking for a 350 in an aluminum frame.

Sell me the shock!

I would expect a part out would be your best way to get the most out of it. Perhaps throw the stock engine and shock on it and sell it that way. That's a very specialized bike, and will be hard to find the one guy looking for a 350 in an aluminum frame.

No way I could part it out.

Sell me the shock!

service hondas with similar upgrades are going for 6500-7k around here... I would take the number you have invested in it and cut that in half.

I couldnt fathom selling something that youve put that much time into though. keep it!!

• Like 1

unique bike,hope she goes to a collector who appreciate's it for what it is.....beautiful.

Please let me take that bike for a test ride (race).  I may need to spend a considerable amount of time with it though.  After that, I'll let you know what I think it should sell for!

Wow, I would love to ride that bike.

As far as price....5500 - 6500 seems fair

It's hard to spend over 5 grand on anything less than brand new