Sign in to follow this  

xl500s swing arm bushing

Does anyone make or does another model have the plastic or bronze bushings that will fit my 79 honda xl500s? I have looked and serched the internet and other forums for a replacement but have com up empty.

Or should I just have me good friend make me a couple sets?

I have been looking for this also. I have some aftermarket bronze bushings that were available for the 1980 Honda Cr 250 in my chrome moly C & J swingarm(also made for the 1980 CR250), I put this swingarm on my stock framed 1980 XR500 and want to have backups if these ever wear out. Hopefully someone knows where to find these!

I saw those too. I was hoping to find some made from something more robust, like bronze or maybe a stronger plastic like derlin. From what I have heard the stock bushings weren't that great and people switched to aftermarket bushings. And with the play I had in the swingarm of my bike when I disassembled it I tend to believe they where right.

Just dropped d the swing arm and steel sleeve with my friend. After cleaning I noticed the steel sleeve had serious pitting. About .10" in difference in diameter. My friend is going to Look at making me a new sleeve also. Not sure what the bushings will be made from either brass or nylon. Which should be better than the original fiber type bushings .

I think nylon is too soft, unless the wall is thin enough it won't squish. Delrin, PEEK ($$$), Rulon, etc.