Sign in to follow this  

Worn out fork sliders? (CR 125 2006)

The oil seal of the brake side fork leg started leaking (again) and I took the thing apart. I noticed some pretty nasty wear on the fork sliders. I've also been suffering from harsh forks despite the fact that I've done my best to eliminate any causes of abnormal stiction. The fork has ~110 hours on it. I've replaced the oil and seals approx. 7 times and the bushings have been replaced once. Also, I've always paid attention to correct axle tightening and I've always used a torque wrench.

Is this normal wear? I can feel those with my finger nail. The bushing definitely has more stiction on the worn out area but could this be the main cause of abnormal stiffness? Could this be repaired somehow? Is the re-coating worth it? I would've already bought a twin chamber Showa fork but nobody has them for sale in Finland...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rt6Cbfoz-g

Edited by unboundnrg

If your bushings are worn that could be part of the problem. You should also do a light polish of the lower fork tube if you can feel blemishes in them. Use a scotch-brite type pad to give your lower tube an even surface. (it should look like the cross hatching on the inside of a cylinder). you don't have to go crazy with this, just good enough that the whole surface has en even texture.

Allright, I'm gonna try the polishing method. The bushings have never even been worn... I wanted to be sure that they're not causing the problem so i replaced them. Nothing changed.