Sign in to follow this  

Need set radiators to fit 2012.

My son wrecked his bike first ride of year, & mashed it up bad. Need a set of radiators. Or which ones bolt up that are good aftermarket. I know there is some cheap ones out there. Thanks.

My son wrecked his bike first ride of year, & mashed it up bad. Need a set of radiators. Or which ones bolt up that are good aftermarket. I know there is some cheap ones out there. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-R-NEW-aluminum-alloy-radiator-Suzuki-RMZ450-RMZ-450-2008-2012-09-10-11-/350868111879?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARMZ450&hash=item51b15e8207&vxp=mtr

These things are awesome and cheap! I run them on my Yz and they are bulletproof and very well built.

Ok. Thanks. Fit ok.

I have a set on my RM. They are great value for the money. Mine fit OK, they're just a lot fatter than stock. Almost twice the thickness of stock.

Just getting light here ATM. Once it is light I'll get you a pic of the after market ones V's the stock ones so you can see exactly what I mean   :thumbsup: .

Thought I had some stock radiators on the bench :rolleyes: .

Anyway, The bike is a 2013 RMZ250, you can see the difference in thickness between the two radiators ;) . Just note. The after market radiator is actually for an RM, not an RMZ

001_zps9bf22503.jpg

Edited by AddictedToBling

Ok. Thanks. Fit ok.

Yes... the fit is OK. Not great (ie. not as precise as the stockers) but they fit just fine. I believe they are hand made so there is some slight offset. Once you get the bolt started through the mounting bracket to the frame though they fit just fine. As others stated they are almost twice the size of the stock rads. At least on my Yz they were. They hold quite a bit more fluid than the stock rads so cooling should improve as well.

The shrouds will fit fine. The only place they were off slightly was at the frame but as stated, once you get the bolt started they mount up just fine. Just one of those things that cannot be torqued down until all bolts are started. The shroud won't be an issue because it can be bent slightly to get started. They are quality pieces for the money though... mine have held up just perfectly for almost 5 years ad they have taken some decent impacts.

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

I just put GPIs on mine.  Not bad.  The overflow is wider than stock so I got slightly bigger ID tubing.  The left louver needs trimming off the bottom.  For the price you cant beat them.  They look nicer than stock too- oversized and polished.

Look up "GPI"  and I started a thread.

• Like 1

I have a set of mishimoto that are braced on my 12 and they are awesome and were pretty reasonable to get to canada