Sign in to follow this  

KTM/Renthal Bar Bend, Matching it to the new slick Neken bars

I'm interested in getting a set of the new slick looking Neken Handlebars as seen on the link below. They only seem to offer 3 bends and I'm not sure which if any matches the stock bar bend that comes on all newer model KTM's, which I believe are considered to be the 827 Rental Bend. Do any of the options offered by Neken match the 827?

Renthal Equivalent Bend - 996 Stewart
Renthal Equivalent Bend - 997 Carmichael
Renthal Equivalent Bend - 999 McGrath

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/2014-neken-over-size-motocross-bars-black-white-inc-bar-pad-p-34559.html

14007221531_94bfcbdbbb_z.jpg

Edited by tk2stroke

I'm interested in getting a set of the new slick looking Neken Handlebars as seen on the link below. They only seem to offer 3 bends and I'm not sure which if any matches the stock bar bend that comes on all newer model KTM's, which I believe are considered to be the 827 Rental Bend. Do any of the options offered by Neken match the 827?

Renthal Equivalent Bend - 996 Stewart
Renthal Equivalent Bend - 997 Carmichael
Renthal Equivalent Bend - 999 McGrath

http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/2014-neken-over-size-motocross-bars-black-white-inc-bar-pad-p-34559.html

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nkLEXv]14007221531_94bfcbdbbb_c.jpg

This is the number i have on Nekken compared to other KTM Bars (Renthal vs Nekken)

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1

According to MXA...the new model KTM bars are...

"The handlebars are now special Renthal FatBars that use the TwinWall 996 bend, but are called Renthal 827 bars." So I would assume the 827 and 996 would have the same sweep and bend, though that's not what Renthal shows on their specs.

Twinwall Specs

14010771395_c3df156beb_z.jpg

FatBar Specs

14007561582_a095bfd9d5_z.jpg

Those are awesome. Do any of the big distributors in the US sell them?

Budracingusa.com is the U.S distributor for Neken

Budracingusa.com is the U.S distributor for Neken

Thanks tk2stroke.  I went to their site but they do not show they have the specific "solid white" bars shown above.  Maybe someone from Budracing can chime in.

I believe those are only available on the other side of the pond at this time. Dirtbikeblitz.com is a UK Moto retailer that is top notch and ships to the states

What's the advantages of these bars ?

Maximum bling factor! Combine them with the still unavailable Neken SFS triple clamp and you'll get maximum bling and plush!

I agree, it is mainly the Bling factor but since I am considering a different bend bar and it is going to cost me to change, I might as well go "BLING" as well.

I agree, it is mainly the Bling factor but since I am considering a different bend bar and it is going to cost me to change, I might as well go "BLING" as well.

I spoke with Budracingusa today and they have no time set to receive these particular bars, though he did receive a "tiny" shipment of SFS clamps today. While the bars are nice, my focus was getting the clamps ASAP and I'm pumped to get them before this weekend. Unfortunately ordering the bars from Dirtbikeblitz is too costly...shipping from the UK is $70....I'll wait

you can't compare renthal and neken bar specs. renthal measures from centers for height and sweep .... neken measures outsides for height and sweep. huge difference !

you can't compare renthal and neken bar specs. renthal measures from centers for height and sweep .... neken measures outsides for height and sweep. huge difference !

Good info mx481. A Neken rep told me the 996 bar is the same as the Ktm stockers, though I'm not fully convinced