Sign in to follow this  

KTM 200 EXC exhaust port polish

as anyone sanded and polished the exhaust port on a 200/300exc? I just recently picked up an 04 200exc with very little knowledge about the maintenence performed on the thing, so I started by pulling the piston and jug. Opon rebuilding and servicing the exhaust control, I couldn't help but notice the nasty casting and transition line on the bottom half of the exhaust port after the flap. Has anyone done anything about this? if so, does it have any possitive or negitive effects?

Thanks guys!

Nate

I had my cylinder ported, cases matched and head cut by Munn Racing one of the best in the business and they didn't touch that. So I'm guessing it's not worth a whole lot to mess with based on that. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your imput! I think I came to the conclusion that I am just going to smooth out the casting transition lines a little.

I cleaned up the casting imperfections on my new cylinder's exhaust port when I recently upgraded to the 300SX top end . Did it help ? Who knows as I didn't run the motor before the clean up . I'm glad I did it though . I just feel better knowing that it's "right" now :) 

I cleaned up the casting imperfections on my new cylinder's exhaust port when I recently upgraded to the 300SX top end . Did it help ? Who knows as I didn't run the motor before the clean up . I'm glad I did it though . I just feel better knowing that it's "right" now :)

Atleast I know someone else has done it now! Thank you for the input. I shaved a little off the nasty part of the casting just to ease my OCD self. We will find out by the weekend if it is for the better or for the worst.