Sign in to follow this  

Why don't people use kx65's as a pit bike?

I was just on YouTube looking at people's pit bike videos and everyone had either 50's or 110's and all the 65 videos had little kids while the 50's and 110's had older people riding them, why?

Like racing pit bikes or those that ride a bike in the pits. I use a TTR125 for my pit bike since I park way away from everything.

In my opinion a 2 stroke pit bike such as a 65 might bog too much with a large rider, it might be fine on the flats but I have a feeling a kx65 won't get my 200 pound ass up a hill.

• Like 1

Like racing pit bikes or those that ride a bike in the pits. I use a TTR125 for my pit bike since I park way away from everything.

both freestyle, racing, or just farting around on

It started from racing. Most mini classes for older guys are for horizontal engines only. Horizontal based became more popular in the pitbike world even for people who don't race because the race guys had so much aftermarket demand for them. 

It started from racing. Most mini classes for older guys are for horizontal engines only. Horizontal based became more popular in the pitbike world even for people who don't race because the race guys had so much aftermarket demand for them.

Why is it that most pit bike classes are horizontal engines only?

Why is it that most pit bike classes are horizontal engines only?

They became more popular because they handle heavy mods better, on small scale like this atleast.

• Like 1

As far as racing goes, I believe they "outlaw"d 2 strokes(sounds familiar to the pros huh)

But they will move a man just fine... 5'10, 205lbs in full gear. Also they use the same body as a KLX 110 so tall seat/bars/graphics transfer over. The hardest thing I found was finding a way to upgrade suspension without getting crazy in the budget. Motor mods would be a snap, PC pipe and a big bore kit.

I had a kx60 and I weigh 150, bike hauled. then again pit bikes are usually 4 strokes.

the 4 strokes give you power all around.  the 65 will have nothing but topend power.  not fun when you just want to screw around

• Like 2